Titles starting from letter "B"
- Actors: Ethan Bortnick, Jonathan Bennett, Lacey Chabert, Ethan Bortnick, Fatima Ptacek, Jonathan Bennett, David Haines, Lacey Chabert, Erlinda Orozco, Fatima Ptacek, Kym Whitley, David Haines, Elizabeth Atkins, Erlinda Orozco, Shelby Moffett, Kym Whitley, Carlo Lorenzo Garcia, Elizabeth Atkins, Shelby Moffett, Daniel Behrendt, Carlo Lorenzo Garcia, Nathan Bortnick, Daniel Behrendt, Alexander T. Bowman, Nathan Bortnick, Frankie Darcel, Shariay Gant, Alexander T. Bowman, Daniel Luján, Frankie Darcel
- Genre: Family
- Director(s): Demetrius Navarro, Demetrius Navarro, Demetrius Navarro
Ethan Bortnick plays the leading role as Nathan,a young boy who's separated from his mother when she goes missing during a trip to Japan to help after the tsunami. The movie explores issues like homelessness, military family life and adoption. Ethan co-wrote the music with Grammy award winning songwriter and producer, Gary Baker and will also score the entire film. Ethan will become the youngest actor to co-write the soundtrack and play the leading role in a feature film. When Army lieutenant, MARGARET PETERS (Lacy Chabert) goes missing during a tsunami rescue mission in Japan, back in Detroit, her son, NATHAN (Ethan Bortnick), discovers that his father GEORGE (Jonathan Bennett) isn't his biological father. Learning that Child Care Services could take him away, Nathan runs away before his father can explain. While George goes on a frantic search, Nathan takes to the streets of Detroit where he meets CAPTAIN MILES, a homeless Iraqi war veteran. Captain Miles takes the boy under his wing and tricks him into finding shelter at the home of wealthy philanthropist, EVELYN STRASSER. Evelyn discovers that JESSEE, her 10 year old daughter, has been hiding Nathan in the basement of her house and, by accident, finds out that the boy is a gifted pianist. Evelyn reunites stepfather and son, but until Child Care Services straightens everything out, Nathan will remain in the custody of the State at the orphanage. When Jesse, Nathan and the children of the orphanage, find out about the impending shut down of the orphanage, they take it upon themselves to organize a fundraiser. They go on a city wide marketing campaign, advertising a concert hosted by ten-year-old sensation, Nathan Peters. Nathan uses his new found gift and puts on a show that mesmerizes its audience and raises the funds needed to keep the orphanage opened. In the midst of all the success, there's something missing in Nathan's life-his mother. Where is Maggie?
- Actors: Jennifer Taylor, Michael Madsen, Lauren C. Mayhew, Nicole Fox, Holly Taylor, Danielle Morrow, Alex Arleo, Tawny Amber Young, Mallory Moye, Luke Eberl, Olivia Rose Keegan, August Emerson, Tom Malloy, Danielle DiLorenzo, LeJon, Ilea Matthews, Brennan Murray, Sarah Schreiber, Jen McPherson, Robert T. Barrett, Nicole Buehrer, Reid Cox, Brendan Norman, Mary Mackey, Frank Scozzari, G. Larry Butler, Anne Winfree, Haily Helton, Hagen Mills, Madi Goff
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Dean Matthew Ronalds, Dean Matthew Ronalds
A teenage girl, distraught from her vain attempt to connect with her estranged mother, resorts to cutting herself. When she develops an online relationship with an older woman, she learns to accept her sexuality and the endless solitude of sprawling suburbia.
- Actors: Amy Lyndon, Bob Arnold, Dru Ashcroft, Daniel Bonjour, John Burke, Jeff Coatney, Caia Coley, Pascale Gigon, Kane Hodder, Matteo Indelicato, Anna Margaret, Cameo Cara Martine, Kelsey McCann, Shannon Pierce Wilkins, Odessa Rae, Sarah Shoup, Cara Sigmund, Kyle Silverstein, Meagan Smith, Wesley Stiller
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Horror, Mystery, Thriller
- Director(s): Michael Feifer
Inspired by the real-life serial Killer, B.T.K is the gruesome story of Dennis L. Rader, a murderer...
2008, USA, Canada
- Actors: Jeremy London, Stefanie von Pfetten, Scott Hylands, David Lewis, Michael Kopsa, Elias Toufexis, Lexa Doig, Troy Skog, Johnny Cantiveros, Nigel Vonas, Cedric De Souza, Duane Howard, Mark McConchie, Malik McCall, Scott J. Ateah, Derek Anderson, Peter Benson, Zen Shane Lim
- Genre: Drama, Horror, Sci-Fi, Thriller
- Director(s): Paul Ziller
A terminally ill archaeologist attempts to cure his cancer by retrieving the ancient amulets of the storm god Ba'al.
A father can have many different kinds of faces. Which one does your father have? This is a film of ten short stories, and each shows a different relationship between a father and his son. Each story reveals the complexity between fathers and sons.
- Actors: Mario Van Peebles, Joy Bryant, T.K. Carter, Terry Crews, Ossie Davis, David Alan Grier, Nia Long, Paul Rodriguez, Saul Rubinek, Vincent Schiavelli, Khleo Thomas, Rainn Wilson, Karimah Westbrook, Len Lesser, Sally Struthers, Jazsmin Lewis, Adam West, Ralph P. Martin, Robert Peters, Glenn Plummer, Khalil Kain, Pamela Gordon, Wesley Jonathan, Joseph Culp, John Singleton, Joan Blair, Penny Bae Bridges, Mandela Van Peebles, E.J. Callahan, Keith Diamond
- Genre: Biography, Drama
- Director(s): Mario Van Peebles
Melvin Van Peebles stunned the world for the first time, with his debut feature, The Story of a Three Day Pass. Filmed in France and selected as the French entry in the San Francisco Film Festival, Melvin's film was awarded the top prize. Saying it was controversial would be an understatement. In 1968 for a black man to walk up to the podium and accept the top festival award for a film he had to go abroad to make--now that's how you make your mark. After his comedy, Watermelon Man, Melvin was determined to push the Hollywood boundaries with the groundbreaking, and even more controversial, Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song. Turned down by every major studio including Columbia, where he had a three-picture deal, Melvin was forced to basically self-finance. Risking everything he had Melvin delivered to the world the first Black Ghetto hero on the big screen--whether they were ready or not! More than 30 years later, history is being fashioned again in the telling of this very tale. Mario Van Peebles, Melvin's son, directs an honest and revealing portrait of his pioneering father. Mario now tells the story of the making of Melvin Van Peebles' landmark 1971 film, Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song, including Melvin's struggles to raise money to fund the film under the guise of creating a black porno film. Melvin had ducked creditors, the unions and had to bail out his camera crew after they were arrested because a white cop decided a bunch of Negroes and hippies couldn't have come by that camera equipment honestly. Despite death threats and temporarily losing sight in one eye, Melvin somehow managed to whip into shape a rag-tag, multi-racial crew and finish the film that would give birth to birth of a new era which was about to explode: Independent Black Cinema.
2009, Italy, France
- Actors: Francesco Scianna, Margareth Madè, Raoul Bova, Giorgio Faletti, Leo Gullotta, Nicole Grimaudo, Gabriele Lavia, Ángela Molina, Enrico Lo Verso, Nino Frassica, Aldo, Ficarra, Picone, Marcello Mazzarella, Luigi Lo Cascio, Beppe Fiorello, Donatella Finocchiaro, Enrico Salimbeni, Lina Sastri, Gaetano Aronica, Alfio Sorbello, Laura Chiatti, Michele Placido, Vincenzo Salemme, Corrado Fortuna, Paolo Briguglia, Luigi Maria Burruano, Franco Scaldati, Monica Bellucci, Sebastiano Lo Monaco
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Giuseppe Tornatore
The film begins in the 1920's, in the Sicilian town of Bagheria (a.k.a. Baaria) where Giuseppe "Peppino" Torrenuova works as a shepherd to financially help his poor family. Over the next 50 years Giuseppe's life, as well as the life of the village, is observed. Giuseppe grows up, joins the Communist Party, marries a local girl (Mannina), has children and forges a political career for himself.
1995, Australia, USA
- Actors: Christine Cavanaugh, Miriam Margolyes, Danny Mann, Hugo Weaving, Miriam Flynn, Russi Taylor, Evelyn Krape, Michael Edward-Stevens, Charles Bartlett, Paul Livingston, Roscoe Lee Browne, James Cromwell, Magda Szubanski, Zoe Burton, Paul Goddard, Wade Hayward, Brittany Byrnes, Mary Acres, Janet Foye, Pamela Hawken, Karen Gough, David Webb, Marshall Napier, Hec Macmillan, Ken Gregory, Nicholas Lidstone, Trevor Read, Nicholas Blake, Matthew Long, John Doyle
- Genre: Adventure, Drama, Family, Fantasy
- Director(s): Chris Noonan
Farmer Hoggett wins a runt piglet at a local fair and young Babe, as the piglet decides to call himself, befriends and learns about all the other creatures on the farm. He becomes special friends with one of the sheepdogs, Fly. With Fly's help, and Farmer Hoggett's intuition, Babe embarks on a career in sheepherding with some surprising and spectacular results.
2005, France, USA, Mexico
- Actors: Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, Mohamed Akhzam, Peter Wight, Harriet Walter, Trevor Martin, Matyelok Gibbs, Georges Bousquet, Claudine Acs, André Oumansky, Michael Maloney, Dermot Crowley, Wendy Nottingham, Henry Maratray, Linda Broughton, Jean Marc Hulot, Aline Mowat, Liliane Escoza, Lynsey Beauchamp, Michel Dubois, Shirley Dixon, Patrick Lebre, John O'Mohoney, Mary Mitchell, Edward Lyon, Robert Fyfe, Abdelaziz Merzoug, Omar El Mallouli, El Hassan Ait Bablal, Sfia Ait Benboullah
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Alejandro González Iñárritu
4 interlocking stories all connected by a single gun all converge at the end and reveal a complex and tragic story of the lives of humanity around the world and how we truly aren't all that different. In Morocco, a troubled married couple are on vacation trying to work out their differences. Meanwhile, a Moroccan herder buys a rifle for his sons so they can keep the jackals away from his herd. A girl in Japan dealing with rejection, the death of her mother, the emotional distance of her father, her own self-consciousness, and a disability among many other issues, deals with modern life in the enormous metropolis of Tokyo, Japan. Then, on the opposite side of the world the married couple's Mexican nanny takes the couple's 2 children with her to her son's wedding in Mexico, only to come into trouble on the return trip. Combined, it provides a powerful story and an equally powerful looking glass into the lives of seemingly random people around the world and it shows just how connected we really are.
- Actors: David Huynh, Feodor Chin, Kenneth Choi, Shannon Dang, Aljarreau Galang, Kenzo Lee, Tzi Ma, Ron Yuan, Christina Stacey, Dana Lee, Janet Linn, Ryan Andres, Meng Wei, Peter Cho, Richard Chiu, Darwood Chung, Ewan Chung, Matthew Der, Roshon Fegan, Samson Fu, Manny Gavino, Douglas N. Hachiya, Shawn Huang, Jeff Imada, Nathan Jung, J.R. Kou, Ngoc Lam, Austin Lee, Daniel Lee, Angie Lieuw
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Juwan Chung
A tragic tale of an Asian youth's gang life in South East Los Angeles, set during the mid 80's to the early 90s.
- Actors: Colleen Porch, Aiden Kersh, Ridge Canipe, Sean Johnson, Holden Thomas Maynard, Kali Majors, Joel Bryant, Gene Witham, Tanner Ethan Todd, Chip Lane, Kenny Banes, Tom Fendley, Alan Nesbit, Noelle Monteleone, Jeffrey Hill, Braxton Williams, Peedrama Singh, Drew Kelly, Lauren Stuart, Gerald Schwartz, Michael Moncrief, Danielle England
- Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Lars Jacobson
With her husband gone and the stress of family life rising, Mom suffers a psychotic break due to postpartum depression that compels her to exterminate her children: ages 10,7,4, and 3 months. Now hope for the family's survival rests on the shoulder of Jimmy, the eldest son and surrogate man of the house. Using his wits and intricate knowledge of the farm, Jimmy must try to protect his siblings while fending off the woman he has always known and loved as his mother. Thus, it comes down to the most epic of battles, Mother vs. Son, in the most horrific of scenarios.
- Actors: Diane Keaton, Sam Shepard, Harold Ramis, Kristina Kennedy, Michelle Kennedy, Sam Wanamaker, James Spader, Pat Hingle, Britt Leach, Linda Ellerbee, Kim Sebastian, Mary Gross, Patricia Estrin, Elizabeth Bennett, Peter Elbling, Shera Danese, Beverly Todd, Angel David, Nicholas Cascone, William Frankfather, Annie O'Donnell, George Petrie, Patti Johns, Annie Golden, Jennifer Balgobin, Victoria Jackson, Marianne Doherty, John C. Cooke, Carol Gillies, Eugenie Ross-Leming
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Charles Shyer
J.C. Wiatt is a successful New York business woman known around town as the "tiger lady." She gets news of an inheritance from a relative from another country and off the bat she suspects it's money. Well it's not money, it's a baby girl. At first she doesn't accept until the lady that gives the baby to her has to catch her flight. J.C. is now stuck with an annoying baby girl. Her boyfriend doesn't like the idea of a baby living with them and he leaves her. J.C. has enough of it and takes her to meet a family ready to adopt her. She leaves but hears the baby cry while walking away and has to go back. The baby is too attached to her now and won't let her go. Later, her baby gets into mischief which causes her to get fired. Now, she sets her eyes on an old two story cottage in Vermont to get out of the New York life. When she arrives, the house needs more help than originally thought. She gets bored one snowy day and decides to make apple sauce. Her baby loves it and she decides to sell it. Pretty soon everyone wants some of the baby apple sauce. J.C. hits it big and falls in love with a local veterinarian. Was this fate or destiny?
- Actors: Tyrese Gibson, Taraji P. Henson, Omar Gooding, Tamara LaSeon Bass, Candy Ann Brown, A.J. Johnson, Ving Rhames, Snoop Dogg, Angell Conwell, Kareem J. Grimes, Tracey Cherelle Jones, Kaylan Bolton, Kylan Bolton, Freez Luv, Mo'Nique, Juanita Jennings, Liris Crosse, Sylvester Robinson, Maasai Singleton, Mario Jackson, Keith Diamond, Freddie Ricks, Selma McPherson, Asondra Hunter, Tawny Dahl, AlexSandra Wright, Serese Teate, Olan Thompson, Ephraim Benton, Java Benson
- Genre: Comedy, Crime, Drama, Romance
- Director(s): John Singleton
This is the story of Jody, an unemployed young black man, who's been living with his mother for several years, even though he's got a child of his own. Romantically, he's having relationships with two women: the mother, Yvette of his son, and a new interest.
Living in Tiger Tail County, Mississippi, middle aged Archie Lee Meighan and nineteen year old "Baby Doll" Meighan née McCargo have been married for close to two years. Their marriage is not based on love, but each getting what they want from the other. Their marriage agreement has them consummating their marriage on her twentieth birthday, which is in three days, the act to which Baby Doll is not really looking forward. But she does taunt him and other men with her overt "baby doll" sexuality, the baby doll aspect which she fosters by sleeping in their house's nursery in a crib. Baby Doll's now deceased father allowed the marriage on the stipulation that Archie Lee provide Baby Doll financial security as displayed by the most resplendent house in the south. They currently live in a dilapidated mansion with her Aunt Rose Comfort, and although Archie Lee is making some renovations on it, he no longer has the financial means to make it what Baby Doll wants as his cotton ginning competitor, the recently arrived Sicilian Silva Vacarro who runs the cotton plantation syndicate, has effectively put him and many others in the area out of business. The Meighan's fortunes may change after Vacarro's cotton gin burns down in a case of arson. Vacarro is certain Archie Lee is the arsonist. After meeting the Meighans and learning more about their marriage, Vacarro believes the way to get what he wants is through Baby Doll. This action begins the three way battle of wills between Vacarro, Archie Lee and Baby Doll.
- Actors: Kathleen Turner, Christopher Lloyd, Kim Cattrall, Peter MacNicol, Dom DeLuise, Ruby Dee, Kyle Howard, Kaye Ballard, Leo Fitzgerald, Myles Fitzgerald, Gerry Fitzgerald, Connor Leggett, Griffin Leggett, Megan Robbins, Gabrielle Robbins, Brianna McConnell, Brittany McConnell, Jacob Handy, Zachary Handy, Amanda Fein, Caitlin Fein, Jim Hanks, Sam McMurray, Bill Wiley, Randy Travis, Judith Drake, Melissa Bickerton, Chip Heller, Dan Monahan, Robin Klein
- Genre: Comedy, Crime, Family, Sci-Fi
- Director(s): Bob Clark
Dr. Elena Kinder and Dr. Heap work for BABYCO, the world's leading manufacturer in baby products. What the public doesn't know, however, is that Dr. Kinder and Dr. Heap are secretly working on cracking the code to "baby talk" which is actually a highly sophisticated language which allows babies to communicate the knowledge of the secrets of the universe with which they are born. Problems arise when Sly, the smartest of the babies, escapes from the lab and unites the babies of the outside world to help free the babies trapped in the lab. Kinder and Heap must find Sly before it is too late.
- Actors: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Greg Kinnear, Dax Shepard, Romany Malco, Sigourney Weaver, Steve Martin, Maura Tierney, Stephen Mailer, Holland Taylor, James Rebhorn, Denis O'Hare, Kevin Collins, Will Forte, Fred Armisen, John Hodgman, Siobhan Fallon, Thomas McCarthy, Jason Mantzoukas, Dave Finkel, Brian Stack, Felicity Stiverson, Anne L. Nathan, Jay Phillips, Kathy Searle, Almeria Campbell, Alice Kremelberg, Catherine Rose, Ian Colletti, Eric Zuckerman
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Michael McCullers
Successful and single businesswoman Kate Holbrook has long put her career ahead of a personal life. Now 37, she's finally determined to have a kid on her own. But her plan is thrown a curve ball after she discovers she has only a million-to-one chance of getting pregnant. Undaunted, the driven Kate allows South Philly working girl Angie Ostrowiski to become her unlikely surrogate. Simple enough ... After learning from the steely head of their surrogacy center that Angie is pregnant, Kate goes into precision nesting mode: reading childcare books, baby-proofing the apartment and researching top pre-schools. But the executive's well-organized strategy is turned upside down when her Baby Mama shows up at her doorstep with no place to live. An unstoppable force meets an immovable object as structured Kate tries to turn vibrant Angie into the perfect expectant mom. In a battle of wills, they will struggle their way through preparation for the baby's arrival. And in the middle of this tug-of-war, they'll discover two kinds of family: the one you're born to and the one you make.
- Actors: Jerry O'Connell, Heather Graham, John Corbett, Lara Flynn Boyle, Katie Finneran, Anthony Starke, Brian Sills, Heather Prete, John Turk, Jessica Zorn, Jaiden Hidalgo, Kirk Anderson, Peggy Roeder, Bob Weagant, Keith Uchima, Sherry Shaoling, Pam Levin, Cindy Chang, Alana Arenas, Joe Yau, Jeff Sassinsky, Wendye Clarendon, Thomas Gaitsch, Mevena Milicevic, Matt DeCaro, Kevin Gudahl, Carla Abruzzo, Caroline Boneham, John T. Zinn, Jay Black
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Brian Herzlinger
The story of Angela -an ambitious, image-conscious businesswoman working for over-demanding boss Mary. When Angela becomes unexpectedly pregnant at the peak of her career, her life with her divorce attorney husband, Curtis, is turned upside-down. BABY ON BOARD begins with an inconvenient pregnancy that leads to a nine-month roller coaster ride as Angela and Curtis try to cope-even as the interference of best friends Danny and Danny's wife Sylvia escalate the situation into a battle of the sexes.
- Actors: Joe Mantegna, Lara Flynn Boyle, Joe Pantoliano, Brian Haley, Cynthia Nixon, Fred Dalton Thompson, John Neville, Matthew Glave, Adam Robert Worton, Jacob Joseph Worton, Brigid Duffy, Guy Hadley, Eddie Bracken, Kenneth L. Jordahl, Raymond Henders, Jim Foley, Jack Baird, Oscar Carr, Dan Frick, Robin Baber, John Drury, Jennifer Say Gan, Dawn Maxey, Megan Haffey, Roslyn Alexander, Manny Sosa, Anna Levine, Jenna Pozzi, Erika Leigh Blackwell, Neil Flynn
- Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Family
- Director(s): Patrick Read Johnson
Baby Bink couldn't ask for more; he has adoring (if somewhat sickly-sweet) parents, he lives in a huge mansion, and he's just about to appear in the social pages of the paper. Unfortunately, not everyone in the world is as nice as Baby Bink's parents; especially the three enterprising kidnapers who pretend to be photographers from the newspaper. Successfully kidnaping Baby Bink, they have a harder time keeping hold of the rascal, who not only keeps one step ahead of them, but seems to be more than a little bit smarter than the three bumbling criminals.
- Actors: Bruce Boxleitner, Jerry Doyle, Jeff Conaway, Carrie Dobro, Peter Woodward, Tony Todd, Tracy Scoggins, Tony Maggio, Michael Harris, Scott MacDonald, Wayne Alexander, Carlos Bernard, Burt Bulos, Ron Campbell, David Coburn, Mo Gallini, Valeria Ghiran, Marjean Holden, Endre Hules, Tim O'Hare, Tom Ramirez, LaRita Shelby, Kayla Spell
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi
- Director(s): Michael Vejar
Five years after the events of the Babylon 5 series, a technomage named Galen predicts an imminent attack by the Drakh, the old allies of the Shadows. Through dreams, a thief, a captain, and a president are brought together to head them off. The president is John Sheridan. Because of his irrational behavior, Sheridan's friends begin to wonder about his sanity. It's up to all of them and two prototype battlecruisers, the Excalibur and the Victory, to stop the fleet and their planet-killer. But is there more to the Drakh's plan?