Titles starting from letter "F"
In England, the teacher of the Wittering College Robert Anderson is hit on the face by a student and is forced to take three months vacation to be not sued by the parents of the kid. Robert is affected by the incident and a couple of months later, he is emotionally disturbed, alcoholic and separated of his wife Helen. Their daughter Kate lives with her mother and has classes with Robert, but she does not respect her father. The principal of Wittering College, Sarah Balham (Ruth Gemmell), loathes Robert and wants to get rid of him, but the Union does not allow her to fire him. When Robert reads about violence in another school, he sends a memo advising the employees of the school and he is considered paranoid and delusional by everybody. One day after hours, Robert notes some strange movements outside the school and he advises the security guard James that does not give much attention to the discredited Robert. But sooner Robert realizes that the Wittering College is under siege of a gang of hooligans and he need to find Kate to protect his daughter.
- Actors: Sylvester Stallone, Rod Steiger, Peter Boyle, Melinda Dillon, David Huffman, Kevin Conway, Tony Lo Bianco, Cassie Yates, Peter Donat, John Lehne, Henry Wilcoxon, Richard Herd, Tony Mockus Jr., Ken Kercheval, Elena Karam, Joe Tornatore, James Karen, Stuart Gillard, Brian Dennehy, Sam Chew Jr., Robert Lipton, John Bleifer, Frank McRae, Rozsika Halmos, Earl Montgomery, Harry Basch, Nada Rowand, Chuck Gradi, Alphonse Skerl, Reid Cruickshanks
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Norman Jewison
Johnny Kovak joins the Teamsters trade-union in a local chapter in the 1930s and works his way up in the organization. As he climbs higher and higher his methods become more ruthless and finally senator Madison starts a campaign to find the truth about the alleged connections with the Mob.
- Actors: Bryan Brown, Brian Dennehy, Diane Venora, Cliff De Young, Mason Adams, Jerry Orbach, Joe Grifasi, Martha Gehman, Roscoe Orman, Trey Wilson, Tom Noonan, Paul D'Amato, Jossie DeGuzman, Jean De Baer, M'el Dowd, Tim Gallin, Patrick Stack, John Doumanian, Ray Iannicelli, Ed Crowley, Gibby Brand, Jim Elliott, Christopher Curry, Jim Lovelett, George Kodisch, Jim Cordes, Richard Hayes, Christopher McHale, James Pickens Jr., Michael Fischetti
- Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
- Director(s): Robert Mandel
A movies special effects man is hired by a government agency to help stage the assassination of a well known gangster. When the agency double crosses him, he uses his special effects to trap the gangster and the corrupt agents.
- Actors: Bryan Brown, Brian Dennehy, Rachel Ticotin, Joanna Gleason, Philip Bosco, Kevin J. O'Connor, Tom Mason, Dominic Zamprogna, Jossie DeGuzman, John Walsh, Peter Boretski, Lisa Fallon, Lee Broker, Philip Akin, Tony De Santis, Ross Petty, Dee McCafferty, Jeri Craden, Karie Stone, Phillip Jarrett, Richard Sali, James Stacy, Neil Elliot, Leland Crooke, Biff Yeager, Foster Fell, Jack Orend, Jenifer Chatfield, Kurt Reis, Damir Andrei
- Genre: Action, Thriller
- Director(s): Richard Franklin
F/X man Rollie Tyler is now a toymaker. Mike, the ex-husband of his girlfriend Kim, is a cop. He asks Rollie to help catch a killer. The operation goes well until some unknown man kills both the killer and Mike. Mike's boss, Silak says it was the killer who killed Mike but Rollie knows it wasn't. Obviously, Silak is involved with Mike's death, so he calls on Leo McCarthy, the cop from the last movie, who is now a P.I., for help and they discover it's not just Silak they have to worry about.
2000, Hong Kong, France
Set in Hong Kong, 1962, Chow Mo-Wan is a newspaper editor who moves into a new building with his wife. At approximately the same time, Su Li-zhen, a beautiful secretary and her executive husband also move in to the crowded building. With their spouses often away, Chow and Li-zhen spend most of their time together as friends. They have everything in common from noodle shops to martial arts. Soon, they are shocked to discover that their spouses are having an affair. Hurt and angry, they find comfort in their growing friendship even as they resolve not to be like their unfaithful mates.
- Actors: Robert Carlyle, Ray Winstone, Steve Sweeney, Gerry Conlon, Leon Black, David Boateng, Lena Headey, Eddie Nestor, Steven Waddington, Christine Tremarco, Andrew Tiernan, Sue Johnston, Damon Albarn, Philip Davis, Hazel Douglas, Arthur Whybrow, Kevin T. Walsh, Peter Vaughan, Elaine Lordan, Paul Green, Natalie Morse, Kim Taylforth, Giles Ward, Peter Lovstrom, Kit Jackson, Peter Ferdinando, Frank Boyce, Robert Elms, Shireen Anwar, Jan Denman
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Antonia Bird
Ray is an aging ex-socialist who has become a bankrobber after seeing the demise of socialism in 1980s Britain. Teaming up with a gang of other has-beenish crims, he commits one bank job too many. The gang dissolves in a murderous flurry of recriminations.
- Actors: John Travolta, Nicolas Cage, Joan Allen, Alessandro Nivola, Gina Gershon, Dominique Swain, Nick Cassavetes, Harve Presnell, Colm Feore, John Carroll Lynch, CCH Pounder, Robert Wisdom, Margaret Cho, James Denton, Matt Ross, Chris Bauer, Myles Jeffrey, David McCurley, Thomas Jane, Tommy Flanagan, Dana Smith, Romy Windsor, Paul Hipp, Kirk Baltz, Lauren Sinclair, Ben Reed, Lisa Boyle, Linda Hoffman, Danny Masterson, Father Michael Rocha
- Genre: Action, Crime, Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller
- Director(s): John Woo
Sean Archer, a very tough, rugged FBI Agent. Who is still grieving for the dead son Michael. Archer believes that his son's killer is his sworn enemy, a very powerful criminal, Castor Troy. One day, Archer has finally cornered Castor, however, their fight has knocked out Troy cold. As Archer finally breathes easy over the capture of his enemy, he finds out that Troy has planted a bomb that will destroy the entire city of Los Angeles and all of its inhabitants. Unfortunately the only other person who knows its location is Castor's brother Pollux, and he refuses to talk. The solution, a special operation doctor that can cut off people's faces, and can place a person's face onto another person. Archer undergoes one of those surgeries to talk to Pollux. However, Castor Troy somehow regains consciousness and now wants revenge on Archer for taking his face. Not only is Troy ruining Archer's mission, but his personal life as well. Archer must stop Troy again. This time, it's personal.
2011, USA, France, Canada, UK
- Actors: Milla Jovovich, Sarah Wayne Callies, Julian McMahon, Michael Shanks, Adam Harrington, Sandrine Holt, Valentina Vargas, Marianne Faithfull, Kirsten Robek, Anthony Lemke, Sebastien Roberts, Apollonia Vanova, Stephen Huszar, Nels Lennarson, David Ingram, David Atrakchi, Jenn Bird, Jeff Pangman, Aaron Hughes, Aaron Grain, John B. Lowe, Darcy Fehr, Jason Wishnowski, Alicia Johnston, Onalee Ames, Medina Hahn, Krysia Andrzejczak, Chris Kalhoon, Kevin Klein, Tyhr Trubiak
- Genre: Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Julien Magnat
The elementary school teacher Anna Marchant lives with her boyfriend Bryce in a nice apartment and every now and then she meets her best friends Francine and Nina to drink and talk. When Anna is crossing a bridge to meet Bryce, she sees an infamous serial-killer killing a woman. Anna runs but she is attacked by the killer and she falls off the bridge and hits her head. Anna stays in coma for a week and when she awakes, she learns that she has brain damage followed by Prosopagnosia, a disorder of face perception where the ability to recognize faces is impaired, while the ability to recognize other objects may be relatively intact. The police detective Sam Kerrest unsuccessfully tries to force Anna to remember the face of the serial-killer. Now the serial-killer knows that Anna has seen his face, but she is incapable of even recognizing Bryce and her close friends.
A 'mockumentary' hosted by Dr. Francis B. Gross, a coroner. He is trying to show you the different 'faces' of people while dying. There are faked scenes of people getting killed intermixed with footage of real accidents. There are executions by decapitation (in an unknown Arab country) and the electric chair. One scene shows a group of tourists in Egypt smashing a monkey's head while still alive and eating its brains. There are shots of animals eating people and satanic orgies using dead bodies. There is a segment that deals with an alligator that accidentally entered 'residential' waters. The local warden goes in his boat to get the crocodile back into the sea when he accidentally falls over and becomes gator bait. The film ends with newsreel footage of people jumping off buildings and major accidents.
2009, USA, Canada
The life and career of Muhammad Ali (1942- ) as seen chronologically in archival footage: Ali as a fighter, a personality, a political lightening rod, and a man. Boxers who fought him describe what led up to major fights and the matches themselves; they also offer personal revelations about their own lives: George Chuvalo's family losses, George Foreman's conversion, Ken Norton's gratitude, Ron Lyle's teaching, Earnie Shaver's encounter with the Klan, and Joe Frazier's good humor pack their own punch. The fighters talk about Ali's quickness, cunning, and recuperative powers - and how fighting him changed their lives.
An action-packed drama about a Christian high school football coach who uses his undying faith to battle the giants of fear and failure. In six years of coaching, Grant Taylor has never led his Shiloh Eagles to a winning season. After learning that he and his wife Brooke face infertility, Grant discovers that a group of fathers are secretly organizing to have him dismissed as head coach. Devastated by his circumstances, he cries out to God in desperation. When Grant receives a message from an unexpected visitor, he searches for a stronger purpose for his football team. He dares to challenge his players to believe God for the impossible on and off the field. When faced with unbelievable odds, the Eagles must step up to their greatest test of strength and courage. What transpires is a dynamic story of the fight between faith and fear.
- Actors: Sienna Miller, Guy Pearce, Hayden Christensen, Jimmy Fallon, Jack Huston, Armin Amiri, Tara Summers, Mena Suvari, Shawn Hatosy, Beth Grant, James Naughton, Edward Herrmann, Illeana Douglas, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Don Novello, Grant James, Richard Folmer, Tarajia Morrell, Charles Ferrara, Johnny Whitworth, Brian Bell, Patrick Wilson, Michael Stephens, Samantha Maloney, Meredith Ostrom, Jeff Galpin, Robert Lasko, Richard Lasko, Deneen Tyler, Renee Vincent
- Genre: Biography, Drama
- Director(s): George Hickenlooper
A beautiful, wealthy young party girl drops out of Radcliffe in 1965 and heads to New York to become Holly Golightly. When she meets a hungry young artist named Andy Warhol, he promises to make her the star she always wanted to be. And like a super nova she explodes on the New York scene only to find herself slowly lose grip on reality...
- Actors: John Turturro, Woody Allen, Vanessa Paradis, Liev Schreiber, Sharon Stone, Sofía Vergara, Tonya Pinkins, Aubrey Joseph, Dante Hoagland, Isaiah Clifton, Michael Badalucco, Aida Turturro, Allen Lewis Rickman, Teddy Bergman, Ness Krell, Russell Posner, Delphina Belle, Diego Turturro, Ted Sutherland, Parker Block, Hilma Falkowski, M'Barka Ben Taleb, Max Casella, Salimatou Sillah, Bob Balaban, David Margulies, Abe Altman, Sol Frieder, Loan Chabanol, Sherman Alpert
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): John Turturro
In Brooklyn, the bankrupted owner of a book store Fioravante is forced to close his family business. His best friend Murray tells that his dermatologist Dr. Parker dreams on having a threesome and would pay a thousand-dollar to have with her friend Selima. Murray proposes to be Fioravante's gigolo and they start a male prostitution business. When Fioravante meets the Jewish Avigal, who is the widow of a rabbi, they fall in love with each other. But the Jewish Dovi loves Avigal and will make life difficult for Murray.
- Actors: Brad Dourif, Mackenzie Rosman, Thomas Ian Nicholas, Elaine Hendrix, Hallee Hirsh, Lateef Crowder, Jessica Morris, Jordan Matthews, Julia Whelan, Paul McCarthy-Boyington, Philip J Silvera, Pamela Clay, Heidi Shepherd, Patrick Hughes, Scott Lilly, Court Dickert, Ryan Bartley, Tom Portanova, Michael J. Wagner, Harry Zimm, Chris Graue, Taylor Thompson, Daniel Kennedy, Stuart Hirsch, Martin Mikolajczyk, Diana de Mol, Marla Rea, Daniel Gonzalez, Mark VanKirk, Chris Brewster
- Genre: Fantasy, Horror
- Director(s): Brian A. Metcalf
- Actors: Kate Winslet, Jeremy Irons, Dougray Scott, Michael Burrell, Charlotte Coleman, Elizabeth Morton, Jane Horrocks, Patrick Marlowe, Jessica Martin, Carley O'Neill, Tracy-Ann Oberman, Tony Robinson, John Sessions, June Whitfield, Geoffrey Williams, Ciara Janson
- Genre: Animation, Adventure, Family, Fantasy
- Director(s): Gary Hurst
- Actors: Ben Affleck, Stevie Wonder, George W. Bush, James Baker III, Richard Gephardt, Tom Daschle, Jeffrey Toobin, Al Gore, Condoleezza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Saddam Hussein, George Bush, Ricky Martin, Byron Dorgan, Osama Bin Laden, Craig Unger, Larry King, Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz, Jack Cloonan, Bill Clinton, James C. Moore, Robert Jordan, Dan Briody, John Major, Helen Thomas, Carol Ashley, Thomas Kean, Rosemary Dillard, Richard Clarke, Paul Wolfowitz
- Genre: Documentary, History, War
- Director(s): Michael Moore
Following up on 'Bowling for Columbine', film-maker Michael Moore provides deep and though-provoking insights on the American security system, the level of paranoia, fear, uncertainty, false values and patriotism, which all combined together to set a stage for George W. Bush to launch a war on Iraq instead of focusing on getting the real culprit(s) behind the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. This documentary also focuses on how some Saudis were safely and secretly flown out of America while planes were ostensibly grounded after the attacks. Archived film footage, candid interviews with politicians, and an overall waste of public funds for a war that was initiated on false pretension to wit: a weapon of mass distraction - to take the focus away from the real enemy and get Americans glued to their TV sets to watch innocent Iraqis and Afghans getting killed. And a war that would eventually alienate the U.S.A. and it's citizens from almost every country on Earth.
- Actors: Matthew McConaughey, Sarah Jessica Parker, Zooey Deschanel, Justin Bartha, Bradley Cooper, Terry Bradshaw, Kathy Bates, Tyrel Jackson Williams, Katheryn Winnick, Rob Corddry, Patton Oswalt, Stephen Tobolowsky, Kate McGregor-Stewart, Adam Alexi-Malle, Gretchen Cleevely, Peter Jacobson, Jessica Stone, Stewart Skelton, Sarah Lilly, E.L. James, Aubrey Dollar, Anne Ewen, Tremelda D. Cobb, Jerrod Paige, Tim Stoltenberg, Summer Lee, Miladin Mutavdzic, Brian Jesiolowski, Larry Gamell Jr., Ilana Levine
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Tom Dey
At 35, Tripp has an interesting job, a hip car, a passion for sailing, and a great house - trouble is, he lives with his parents. They want him out, so they hire Paula, an "interventionist," who has a formula in these cases: chance encounter, get him to ask her out, involve him in a trauma, meet his friends and get their nod, delay sex, have him teach her something, then launch him. It's worked up to now, but this gets complicated when Tripp thinks she's getting too serious and one of his pals is attracted to Paula's deadpan, semi-alcoholic roommate, who's plagued by a mockingbird. Too many secrets may scrub the launch, and what if Paula really likes him? Who can intervene then?
- Actors: Eddie Marsan, Ewen Bremner, Jessica Hynes, Bronagh Gallagher, Tim Healy, Paul Nicholls, Anne Reid, Joseph Hamilton, Chloe Hesar, Richard Ridings, Gary Sefton, Kevin Eldon, Sandra Voe, Matthew Leighton, Tom Smith, Oscar McDevitt, Rasmus Hardiker, Edward Tudor-Pole, Tim Potter, Aliese Kellner-Joyce, Colin Webb, George Hill, Chris R. Wright, Calum Chalmers, Phil Lester, Steve Ryland, Nick Ball, Jason Excell, Graeme Brookes, Joseph Ripley
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Vito Rocco
In the Midlands, two men and a boy are on losing streaks: Richard has a dead-end job, and his wife leaves him because he's inattentive and has a juvenile obsession for 11th-century battle reenactments. His best friend Julian still lives with mum and divides his obsessions between Vikings and Star Trek. Then there's Richard's son Martin, picked on at school in part because of his father's hobby. Richard vows to win back the heart of his ex, Julian may have met someone online who shares his interests, and Martin wants to stand up to bullies. All get bad advice, which they act on. Is there any hope for any of them?
- Actors: William Baldwin, Cindy Crawford, Steven Berkoff, Christopher McDonald, Miguel Sandoval, Johann Carlo, Salma Hayek, John Bedford Lloyd, Olek Krupa, Jenette Goldstein, Marc Macaulay, Sonny Carl Davis, Frank Medrano, Don Yesso, Paul Dillon, Gustav Vintas, Christian Bodegaard, Gary Francis Hope, Hank Stone, Ski Zawaski, Nancy Ann Nahra, Anthony Giaimo, Carmen López, Erika Navarro, Pamela Berrard, Mark Wheatle, Bubba Baker, Scott Michael Campbell, Ruben Rabasa, James R. Greene
- Genre: Action, Thriller
- Director(s): Andrew Sipes
Max Kirkpatrick is a cop who protects Kate McQuean, a civil law attorney, from a renegade KGB team out to terminate her.
2010, USA, United Arab Emirates
- Actors: Naomi Watts, Sonya Davison, Vanessa Chong, Anand Tiwari, Stephanie Chai, Michael Kelly, Sean Penn, Ty Burrell, Jessica Hecht, Norbert Leo Butz, Rebecca Rigg, Brooke Smith, Thomas McCarthy, Ashley Gerasimovich, Quinn Broggy, Nicholas Sadler, Noah Emmerich, Iris Bahr, Ghazil, Kristoffer Ryan Winters, Louis Ozawa Changchien, Sean Mahon, Mohamed Abdel Fatah, Rashmi Rao, David Andrews, David Denman, Bruce McGill, Liraz Charhi, Remy Auberjonois, Tim Griffin
- Genre: Action, Biography, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Doug Liman
Plame's status as a CIA agent was revealed by White House officials allegedly out to discredit her husband after he wrote a 2003 New York Times op-ed piece saying that the Bush administration had manipulated intelligence about weapons of mass destruction to justify the invasion of Iraq.