Titles starting from letter "H"
- Actors: James Woods, JoBeth Williams, James Garner, Gary Sinise, George Coe, Robert Harper, Ray Reinhardt, Fritz Weaver, Rick Warner, Joe Inscoe, Susan Duchow, Rich Valliere, Mark Joy, William Aylward, Richard Travis, Mike McBlair, Wally Doyle, Norman Aronovic, Bruce Ed Morrow, Catherine Shaffner, Celia Clark, Greg Baber, Walter Borchert, Daniel K. Moore, Jim Scopelitis, Jack Garner, William Borchert, Norman Max Maxwell, Rick Marshall, Belle Doughty
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Daniel Petrie
Based on the true story of Bill W. (James Woods), a successful stock broker whose life falls apart after the stock crash of the 20's and how he comes to grips with his alcoholism. Along with a fellow alcoholic (James Garner) he forms a support group that would eventually become Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Actors: Anthony Hopkins, Kristin Scott Thomas, Derek Jacobi, Cyril Cusack, Brenda Bruce, Timothy Watson, Paul Rogers, Peter Jonfield, Geoffrey Bayldon, Michael Attwell, Jim Carter, Robert Morgan, Patrice Valota, John Bennett, Alan Rossett, Guy Matchord, François Lalande, Sébastien Floche, Eva Schmidt, Brigitte Barilley
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Jack Gold
Based on the novel of the same name by Graham Greene, this is a story of a French advocate Chavel who, while imprisoned by the Germans during the occupation, trades his material possessions to another prisoner in exchange for his life when condemned to the firing squad. At the end of the war, Chavel, posing as one of the other prisoners, returns to his home which is now occupied by Therese, the sister of the prisoner he traded his possessions to, and who bitterly awaits the return of the man who had indirectly caused the death of her brother. His real identity unknown to Therese, Chavel is invited to stay as a caretaker and to identify Chavel should he return to the house. The relationship between Chavel and Therese develops until one night, someone calling himself Chavel turns up at their doorstep.
- Actors: Israel Broussard, Eliza Bennett, Sophie Curtis, Jeremy Sisto, Abigail Spencer, Cary Elwes, Malcolm M. Mays, Chris Petrovski, Darren Ewing, Delanie Walser, Eldon Watts, Gerry Garcia, Sandra Kahlert Borte, Dave Bresnahan, Charles Halford, Jonathan Malaer, Nathan Stevens, Phillip Estes
- Genre: Drama, Mystery, Thriller
- Director(s): Derrick Borte
In the aftermath of a mysterious High School 'incident', The school's attorney questions the only witness, a student, in hopes of protecting the school from any lawsuits. But as this student weaves his tale, it becomes clear that there is much more to this story than meets the eye. H8RZ has the intrigue of a crime thriller, while cleverly dealing with issues of H8RZ bullying, school corruption, and the darker side of teen interactions.
2011, Italy, France
- Actors: Michel Piccoli, Jerzy Stuhr, Renato Scarpa, Franco Graziosi, Camillo Milli, Roberto Nobile, Ulrich von Dobschütz, Gianluca Gobbi, Nanni Moretti, Margherita Buy, Camilla Ridolfi, Leonardo Della Bianca, Dario Cantarelli, Manuela Mandracchia, Rossana Mortara, Teco Celio, Roberto De Francesco, Chiara Causa, Mario Santella, Toni Laudadio, Enrico Iannello, Cecilia Dazzi, Lucia Mascino, Massimo Verdastro, Giulia Giordano, Francesco Brandi, Giovanni Ludeno, Salvatore Miscio, Salvatore Dell'Aquila, Peter Boom
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Nanni Moretti
At the Vatican, following the demise of the Pope, the conclave to elect his successor settles on Cardinal Melville. But the faithful gathered in St Peter's Square wait in vain for the new Pope to step out on the balcony. What is going on? Behind the thick walls of the Vatican panic has set in. After uttering a terrible howl of fear, the Cardinal refuses the office. The officials do everything to try to reason with Melville, including a psychoanalyst, appointed by the Vatican... Do we really have a Pope?
A hotel room in the center of Rome serves as the setting for two young and recently acquainted women to have a physical adventure that touches their very souls.
- Actors: Sachiko Murase, Hisashi Igawa, Narumi Kayashima, Tomoko Ôtakara, Mitsunori Isaki, Toshie Negishi, Hidetaka Yoshioka, Choichiro Kawarazaki, Mieko Suzuki, Richard Gere, Shizuko Azuma, Satoko Hayashi, Masahito Hirose, Noriko Honma, Ayao Imada, Tomi Iwasawa, Wasuke Izumi, Saburo Kadowaki, Hiroko Kamaya, Maru Kariya, Tsuyo Kataoka, Shigeo Katô, Setsuko Kawaguchi, Natsuyo Kawakami, Michio Kida, Yoshie Kihira, Sakae Koike, Akiji Maeda, Hiroko Maki, Yoshiko Maki
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Akira Kurosawa
An elderly woman living in Nagasaki Japan takes care of her four grandchildren for their summer vacation. They learn about the atomic bomb that fell in 1945, and how it killed their Grandfather. Richard Gere guest stars as an American nephew of the elderly woman.
2008, USA, UK
- Actors: Richard Gere, Sarah Roemer, Joan Allen, Jason Alexander, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Erick Avari, Robert Capron, Forest, Davenia McFadden, Kevin DeCoste, Robbie Sublett, Tora Hallstrom, Bates Wilder, Gloria Crist, Donna Sorbello, Donald Warnock, Oscar J. Castillo, Gary Roscoe, Russell Gibson, Denece Ryland, Martin Montana, Adam Masnyk, Vincent J. Earnshaw, Morgan O'Brien, Joanne Fanara, Rich Tretheway, Shane Farrell, Kira Arnold, Roy Souza, Michael Kelly
- Genre: Drama, Family
- Director(s): Lasse Hallström
In Bedridge, Professor Parker Wilson finds an abandoned dog at the train station and takes it home with the intention of returning the animal to its owner. He finds that the dog is an Akita and names it Hachiko. However, nobody claims the dog so his family decides to keep Hachi.
- Actors: Callan McAuliffe, Lorraine Nicholson, Daniel Eric Gold, Clifton Collins Jr., Zachary Bennett, Kristian Truelsen, Vlada Verevko, James Byron, Darryl Flatman, Allyson Pratt, James Cade, Simon Northwood, Aidan Besu, Genadijs Dolganovs, Rian Michelsen, Alyssa Veniece, Jas Dhanda, Chantal Craig, Andrew Hinkson, Andrew Nicholas McCann Smith, Randy Thomas, Robert Morse, Jim K. Chan, Barbara de la Fuente, Christopher Cordell, Tal Aulbrook, Rod Black, Tara Brawley, Jim Codrington, James Collins
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Akan Satayev
Alex is a young Ukranian immigrant, who supports his parents by doing illegal jobs on the internet. His best friend Sye is a black market dealer, who helps Alex make money. Kira - who has feelings for Alex - is a mole, working for the feds.
Keep your enemies close... And your love closer'
- Actors: Jonny Lee Miller, Angelina Jolie, Jesse Bradford, Matthew Lillard, Laurence Mason, Renoly Santiago, Fisher Stevens, Alberta Watson, Darren Lee, Peter Y. Kim, Ethan Browne, Lorraine Bracco, Wendell Pierce, Michael Gaston, Marc Anthony, Penn Jillette, Liza Walker, Bob Sessions, Blake Willett, Max Ligosh, Felicity Huffman, Paul Klementowicz, Richard Ziman, Bill Maul, William DeMeo, Denise George, Jeb Handwerger, Mitchell Nguyen-McCormick, Gary Howard Klar, Terry Porter
- Genre: Action, Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Iain Softley
A young boy is arrested by the US Secret Service for writing a computer virus and is banned from using a computer until his 18th birthday. Years later, he and his new-found friends discover a plot to unleash a dangerous computer virus, but they must use their computer skills to find the evidence while being pursued by the Secret Service and the evil computer genius behind the virus.
Hackers do laundry. Hackers like movies. Hackers are people and could be your neighbors, your brother, your friends. Presenting a portrait of the hacking community, created by the community themselves, this film breaks down negative stereotypes by letting hackers show you that they are really no different from anyone else. Delving into areas such as the way hackers think, what is hacking, hackers in the media, and women in the security/hacking field, this film will have you questioning your ideas about what a 'hacker' really is.
- Actors: Nathanael Wiseman, Arin Alldridge, Enoch Frost, Marlon G. Day, Rajan Sharma, Neerja Naik, Malcolm Tomlinson, Sean Cronin, Jeanette Rourke, Christopher Dingli, Katarina Gellin, Kulvinder Ghir, Tom Bonington, Marco Aponte, Ben Austin, Paul Bradley, Adolfo Espina, Sarah Fronckevic, Armando Gutierrez, Craig James, Tzvet Lazar, Yao Song Ng, Takako Nodera, Matthew Rowley
- Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
- Director(s): Chris Bouchard
A drug-fuelled night of mayhem and ineptitude in East London! Hackney's Finest is a riotous darkly-comic thriller that pits a motley bunch of hopeless drug dealers against a group of corrupt policemen, Russian thugs and Welsh-Jamaican arms dealers. Set in the East London borough of Hackney, this is an irreverent tale of greed, corruption and the fight for survival, told with a wink and a knowing smile. Sirus likes to make a little extra cash on the side, and not remotely legally. Very occasionally he passes a small 'package' from his London supplier, Asif, to some small-time Welsh-Jamaican gangsters in the valleys. Tonight the latest of such deals is set to happen in Sirus's home, much to the annoyance of his girlfriend, Amanda. This time, however, things are about to go seriously wrong. When the Welsh contingent arrives, they are horrified to discover that Asif has been interrogated by the police, and coerced into going through with the deal, under surveillance. Worse still, Asif is ...
Released from prison, Taesik goes to live with an adopted mother. He takes a job and tries to live a quiet life with his new family. His efforts are threatened when a politician seeks to knock the family restaurant down to build a mall.
2009, South Korea
- Actors: Ji-won Ha, Joong-Hoon Park, Kyung-gu Sol, Jeong-hwa Eom, In-kwon Kim, Min-gi Lee, Jae-ho Song, Ye-won Kang, Ho-min Yeo, Bo-geun Cheon, Han-jo Kwon, Yu-kyeong Seong, Jae-seop Choi, Hyeong-seok Kim, Hee-chi Ja, Byeong-sook Seong, Ji-ho Park, Si-on Lee, Jeong-gon Kim, Myeong-cheol Ju, Jeong-gi Yu, Jae-won Jeong, Yi-du Jeon, Myeong-hoon Park, Seung-jae Jeon, Jae-kyeong Kim, Won-ik Lee, Won-beom Kim, Yong-hwan Kim, Won-yeong Kim
- Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Je-gyun Yun
Man-sik and Yeon-hee, are unsure as to whether they can overcome past wounds and continue being a couple. Dr. Kim, who cautions against a possible mega-tsunami at Haeundae, collapses in agony springing from an unexpected turn-up of his daughter and divorced wife. Hyoung-sik, after rescuing a woman from Seoul, rides out a ferocious storm to gladden her heart. A tsunami which destroys Haeundae symbolizes the establishment of a typical axis called provocation of conflicts, and later the inner spaces of the couples without anything left behind after all conflicts have ended.
- Actors: Van, Chie Tanaka, Min-Hsiung, Wei-min Ying, Nien-Hsien Ma, Johnny Chung-Jen Lin, Joanne, Shino Lin, Ju-Lung Ma, Bjanav Zenror, Hsiao-Lan Pei, Kuei Chang, Kousuke Atari, Wen-Yin Liang, Yi-Hsuan Kuo, Chin-Yen Chang, Hung-Chia Li, Hsi Tien Huang, Shun Chao, Chih-Wei Cheng, Chuan-Chan Wei, Pei-Chen Lee, Dun-Siang Yang, Dun-Yan Yang, Dun-Jhih Yang, Pong-Fong Wu, Chu-Fu, Neil Armsirons, Jonathan Taggart, Clina Eiscnring
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Te-Sheng Wei
Aga, a band singer, returns to Hengchun with frustration. Tomoko is a Japanese model assigned to organize a local warm-up band for the Japanese super star beach concert. Together with other five ordinary Hengchun residents who were not expected to be great or anything, they formed an impossible band.
- Actors: Josh Kornbluth, Warren Keith, Sarah Overman, Leah Alperin, Jacob Kornbluth, Stephen Muller, Linda Norton, Helen Shumaker, Amy Resnick, Brian Thorstenson, June Carryl, Joanne Evangelista, Jennifer Laske, Patricia Scanlon, Joe Bellan, Michael X. Sommers, Jodean Lawrence, Harry Shearer, Joshua Raoul Brody, Adele Proom, Tracy O'Neil Heffernan, Steve Klinger, Jessica Hird, Margo Hall, John Bellucci, Brian Keith Russell, Baron Bruno, David Fine, Todd Hickey
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Jacob Kornbluth
Haiku Tunnel is a frenetic office comedy about a neurotic male secretary who is a terrific temp but a horrible perm. When his new boss (a tax attorney who just may be Satan) gives him 17 very important letters to mail out, he doesn't, and the ensuing complications bring him face-to-face with a lifetime of personal demons.
- Actors: Josh Brolin, George Clooney, Alden Ehrenreich, Ralph Fiennes, Scarlett Johansson, Tilda Swinton, Frances McDormand, Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill, Veronica Osorio, Heather Goldenhersh, Alison Pill, Max Baker, Clancy Brown, Fisher Stevens, Patrick Fischler, Tom Musgrave, David Krumholtz, Greg Baldwin, Patrick Carroll, John Bluthal, Alex Karpovsky, Aramazd Stepanian, Allan Havey, Robert Pike Daniel, Robert Picardo, Ian Blackman, Geoffrey Cantor, Christopher Lambert, Robert Trebor
- Genre: Comedy, Mystery
- Director(s): Ethan Coen
Hail Caesar! Follows a day in the life of Eddie Mannix, a Hollywood fixer for Capitol Pictures in the 1950s, who cleans up and solves problems for big names and stars in the industry. But when studio star Baird Whitlock disappears, Mannix has to deal with more than just the fix.
1978, USA, West Germany
- Actors: John Savage, Treat Williams, Beverly D'Angelo, Annie Golden, Dorsey Wright, Don Dacus, Cheryl Barnes, Richard Bright, Nicholas Ray, Charlotte Rae, Miles Chapin, Fern Tailer, Charles Denny, Herman Meckler, Agness Breen, Antonia Rey, George J. Manos, Linda Surh, Jane Booke, Suzanna Love, Joe Acord, Michael Jeter, Janet York, Rahsaan Curry, Harry Gittleson, Donald Alsdurf, Steve Massicotte, Mario Nelson, Ren Woods, Toney Watkins
- Genre: Musical, Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Milos Forman
This movie, based on the cult Broadway musical of the 60s, tells a story about Claude, a young man from Oklahoma who comes to New York City. There he strikes up a friendship with a group of hippies, led by Berger, and falls in love with Sheila, a girl from a rich family. However, their happiness is short because Claude must go to the Vietnam war.
- Actors: Alex Wolff, Brendan Fraser, Julia Garner, Michael Oberholtzer, Greta Lee, Teddy Bergman, Robin de Jesus, Elisabeth Hower, Josefina Scaglione, Fred Melamed, Austin Pendleton, Curtis Gillen, Kimiko Glenn, Toby Huss, Ash Christian, Kevin Alan Daniels, Lizzy DeClement, Colman Domingo, Alex Draper, Sas Goldberg, Arjun Gupta, Ben Hollandsworth, Spencer Leigh, Joseph Medeiros, Jeffrey Omura, Azudi Onyejekwe, Parker Posey, A.J. Shively, Nilaja Sun, Brittany Taylor Visser
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Billy Kent
When 14-year old genius/outcast Eli Pettifog is rejected from Harvard, he ends up at Ivy League wannabe Whittman College. It's hate at first sight. At Whittman, Eli meets 41- year-old freshman Leo Searly. Leo, a gambler whose world has imploded, has dropped out of life to enroll in college. This odd duo becomes unlikely friends.