Titles starting from letter "J"
- Actors: Emmanuelle Riva, George Shannon, Hachemi Marzouk, Marco Perrin, François Chatelet, Marie-France, Gerard Borlant, Jean Chalon, Raoul Curet, Pierre Gernot, Luc Guérin, Yves le Moustre, Antoine Marin, Pedro Meca, Gilles Meyer, Myriam Mézières, Michel Norman, Jacques Olivier, Camilo Otero, Michel Sosiewicz, Bernard Largemain, Louis Baudier, Arlette Thomas, Claude Villaret, Christian Zeymert, Edwin Broyer
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Fernando Arrabal
When his mother dies, the police want to talk to Aden Rey, but Aden, a guilt-ridden epileptic, has left for the desert. There he comes upon Marvel, a noble savage. Aden, Marvel, and Marvel's goat become companions through travels, a wedding, an examination of Aden's role in his mother's passing, a trial, additional deaths, and various meals. There are also flashbacks to Aden's childhood and his relationship to his mother. Meanwhile, the police step up their efforts to find Aden.
- Actors: Leonardo DiCaprio, Josh Hamilton, Geoff Pierson, Cheryl Lawson, Kaitlyn Dever, Brady Matthews, Gunner Wright, David A. Cooper, Ed Westwick, Naomi Watts, Kelly Lester, Jack Donner, Judi Dench, Dylan Burns, Jordan Bridges, Jack Axelrod, Jessica Hecht, Josh Stamberg, Michael James Faradie, Christian Clemenson, Billy Smith, Armie Hammer, Michael Rady, Ken Howard, Scot Carlisle, Geoff Stults, Sadie Calvano, Allen Nabors, Ryan McPartlin, William Bebow
- Genre: Biography, Crime, Drama, History
- Director(s): Clint Eastwood
Biopic of J. Edgar Hoover told by Hoover as he recalls his career for a biography. Early in his career, Hoover fixated on Communists, anarchists and any other revolutionary taking action against the U.S. government. He slowly builds the agency's reputation, becoming the sole arbiter of who gets hired and fired. One of his hires is Clyde Tolson who is quickly promoted to Assistant Director and would be Hoover's confidant and companion for the rest of Hoover's life. Hoover's memories have him playing a greater role in the many high profile cases the FBI was involved in - the Lindbergh baby kidnapping, the arrest of bank robbers like John Dillinger - and also show him to be quite adept at manipulating the various politicians he's worked with over his career, thanks in large part to his secret files.
- Actors: Glynn Turman, Louis Gossett Jr., Joan Pringle, Carl W. Crudup, James Watkins, Fred Pinkard, Jo Anne Meredith, Alice Jubert, David McKnight, Stephanie Faulkner, Fuddle Bagley, Earl Billings, Paul Galloway, Barbara Tasker, Tom Alden, Melvin Bijou Jr., Blue Lu Barker, Joseph Collins, Fred Ford, Chauncey Leon Gilbert, Ruth Kempf, Bob Minor, Tony Owens, Samuel 'Catfish' Routh, Hazel Roberts, Timothy Toseborough, Rhonda Shear, Danny Dunn, Adolph Caesar, Deonna Lang
- Genre: Action, Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Arthur Marks
A docile black law student is possessed by a 1940's mobster in mid-70's New Orleans. The mobster seeks revenge upon the people who killed him and his sister.
The brave knight Francis returns to his homeland to call his older brother. Soon resume friendship with his former love. The romantic idyll, however, interfere with the emergence of a powerful beast - half dragon, half-insect, which begins to terrorize his family around the village. After unsuccessful attempts to defeat the monster, knight, as predicted, make a sword, which has extraordinary properties. Equipped with a magic weapon decides to get rid of the surrounding towns terrible predators.
- Actors: Robin Williams, Diane Lane, Brian Kerwin, Jennifer Lopez, Bill Cosby, Fran Drescher, Adam Zolotin, Todd Bosley, Seth Smith, Mario Yedidia, Jeremy Lelliott, Jurnee Smollett, Dani Faith, Hugo Hernandez, Rickey D'Shon Collins, Michael McKean, Edward Lynch, Don Novello, Allan Rich, Keone Young, Irwin Corey, Al Nalbandian, Dwight Hicks, Allison Whitbeck, Sam Ritzenberg, Terry Ricardo Jefferson II, Studio Gutierrez, Joe Akins, Kendra Sutherland, Ashlee Lauren
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy
- Director(s): Francis Ford Coppola
The movie is about a boy with a unique aging disorder: one that makes him age 4 times faster than normal. It picks up when Jack (Robin Williams) is 10 years old, but looks 40. He tries to go to public school for the first time, and to become friends with kids his own age. His physical appearance causes him lots of problems, however.
- Actors: Juno Temple, Jackson Ning, Samantha Ives, Anika Jennie Ji, Michael Chernus, Riley Keough, Thysson George Williams, Rock Kohli, Neal Huff, Cara Seymour, Haviland Morris, Kylie Minogue, Zohren Weiss, Hayley Hunt, Lou Taylor Pucci, Blake Daniel, Jen Ponton, Kurt Carley, Dane DeHaan, Joyce Laoagan, Jennifer Appel, Leo Fitzpatrick, Lena Gora, Evan Haydien, Everardo L. Huesca, Michael Jefferson, Brett McClelland, Sean Newman, T. Oliver Reid, David Villalobos
- Genre: Drama, Horror, Romance
- Director(s): Bradley Rust Gray
Jack and Diane, two teenage girls, meet in New York City and spend the night kissing ferociously. Diane's charming innocence quickly begins to open Jack's tough skinned heart. But, when Jack discovers that Diane is leaving the country in a week she tries to push her away. Diane must struggle to keep their love alive while hiding the secret that her newly awakened sexual desire is giving her werewolf-like visions.
- Actors: Adam Sandler, Al Pacino, Katie Holmes, Elodie Tougne, Rohan Chand, Eugenio Derbez, David Spade, Nick Swardson, Tim Meadows, Allen Covert, Norm MacDonald, Geoff Pierson, Valerie Mahaffey, Gary Valentine, Dana Carvey, Gad Elmaleh, Jackie Seiden, Sadie Sandler, Sunny Sandler, Georgia Hatzis, Jonathan Loughran, Peter Dante, J.D. Donaruma, Tyler Spindel, Owen Benjamin, Chris Titone, John Farley, Dennis Dugan, Robert C. Lopez, Jalen Testerman
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Dennis Dugan
Jack Sadelstein is a successful advertising executive in Los Angeles with a beautiful wife and kids, who dreads one event each year: the Thanksgiving visit of his identical twin sister Jill. Jill's neediness and passive-aggressiveness is maddening to Jack, turning his normally tranquil life upside down.
2008, USA, Canada
- Actors: Freddie Prinze Jr., Taryn Manning, Peter Stebbings, Ingrid Doucet, Vanessa Parise, Lisa Ciara, Darrin Brown, Claudia Besso, Krista Sutton, Julian Richings, Robert Forster, Ethan Penner, Hannah Lochner, Kelly Rowan, Charles Martin Smith, Chick Roberts, Joan Gregson, Joe Pingue, Robin Dunne, Rosa Laborde, Lara Azzopardi, Steve Carey, Sean T. MacDonald, Joshua Milko
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Vanessa Parise
In Manhattan, the successful executive Jack is a methodical and controlled man with simple habits that works in an advertisement agency with his coworker George. While smoking a cigarette on the roof of the building of the agency, Jack meets the aspirant actress Jill that has just arrived in New York and is seeking a job. He sympathizes with her situation and gives her name to a Klubendorf commercial in the campaign promoted by his agency. When he takes Jill home, he finds that she lives in a very low-budget hotel and out of the blue, he invites her to stay in the guest room of his fancy apartment for a while. Jill changes the behavior of Jack that becomes happier, and proposes Jack to write together a manifesto where the first rule is "be honest". However, she omits to Jack that she is sick with cystic fibrosis and she would have only a couple of years more. When Jack discovers that Jill is ill, he feels betrayed with her violation of their first rules, and they split. But Jack is changed and sooner he decides to seek out Jill.
- Actors: Chevy Chase, Madison Davenport, Emily Rose Everhard, Colin Ford, Gilbert Gottfried, Sammi Hanratty, James Earl Jones, James Karen, Hal B. Klein, Christopher Lloyd, David Mattey, Chloe Moretz, Frank Payne, Brian Peck, Daniel Roebuck, Katey Sagal, Wallace Shawn, Anthony Skillman, Adair Tishler, Gary J. Tunnicliffe, Billy Unger
- Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Family
- Director(s): Gary J. Tunnicliffe
A fairy tale character who is about to flunk out of fairy tale school, Jack must perform a heroic deed by Monday or fail miserably, just like his father before him. Anxious to make good, Jack sells his C.O.W. (Computer of Wonder) for a handful of magic beans and a mysterious book that records his adventures as he's having them. Accompanied by his sidekick Grayson -- a goose who ate a bean and underwent an amazing transformation -- Jack climbs the magic beanstalk to recover the fabled Harp of Destiny from the evil Giant who lives in the sky. Helping Jack on his perilous quest is the spunky Jillian, a fearless young girl whom Jack meets on his journey -- and who just may have a hidden agenda...
- Actors: Matthew Modine, Vanessa Redgrave, Mia Sara, Daryl Hannah, Jon Voight, Richard Attenborough, Bill Barretta, Honor Blackman, JJ Feild, Jonathan Hyde, Anton Lesser, Julia McKenzie, Frank Baker, Josh Cole, Richard Cubison, Glen Davies, Leo Dolan, Tom Ellis, Fraser Flintham, Oliver Ford Davies, Jerry Harte, Richard Huw, Rosalind Knight, Joseph Long, Vincent Marzello, Roger Morlidge, Carl Pizzie, Cyril Shaps, Rachel Shelley, Alisdair Simpson
- Genre: Drama, Adventure, Fantasy
- Director(s): Brian Henson
Jack Robinson is a wealthy business man with no time for anything but work. However, a family curse is looming over him - no man in the Robinson line ever lives past the age of thirty. With his upcoming birthday appears the remains of literally giant skeleton and a mysterious woman who claims to have once known the giant. Jack decides to go with her to another world where all is revealed to him along with the story of his ancestor, the original Jack and the Beanstalk. In order to save his own life and the world of the giants, Jack must right the wrongs of the past and return the magical harp and goose that lays the golden eggs to their rightful home.
1993, New Zealand
- Actors: Alexis Arquette, Sarah Smuts-Kennedy, Bruno Lawrence, Tony Barry, Elizabeth Hawthorne, Brenda Simmons, Gilbert Goldie, Patricia Phillips, Paul Minifie, Sam Smith, Hannah Jessop, Nicholas Antwis, Olivia Jessop, Kristen Seth, Amber Woolston, Tracey Brown, Wendy Adams, Nina López, Beth Morrison, Ella Brasella, Johanna Morrison, Amy Morrison, Victoria Spence, Ricky Plester, Rohan Stace, Bridget Armstrong, Bridget Donovan, Caroline Lowry, Paula Jones, Rebekah Mercer
- Genre: Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Garth Maxwell
Jack and Dora, abandoned by their parents as babies, are desperate to find each other after years of adoption. Jack's young life has been spent with a sadistic family. Dora, whose life has been somewhat better, has developed extra-sensory powers which tell her that Jack's in danger and drives her to search for him.
- Actors: Robert Englund, Trevor Matthews, Daniel Kash, David Fox, Dean Hawes, Rachel Skarsten, James A. Woods, Ashley Bryant, Stefanie Drummond, Chad Harber, Patrick Henry, Meghanne Kessels, Meg Charette, Kristyn Butcher, Andrew Butcher, Simon Rainville, Matthew Stefiuk, Brennan Delaney, Valerie Casault, Austin Macdonald, Evan Gilchrist, Ariel Waller, John Ross, Victoria Fodor, Derrick Damon Reeve, Danielle Kind, Joshua Bogues, Brad Gibb, Rick Bramucci, Pascal Petardi
- Genre: Action, Comedy, Horror
- Director(s): Jon Knautz
As a child Jack Brooks witnessed the brutal murder of his family. Now a young man he struggles with a pestering girlfriend, therapy sessions that resolve nothing, and night classes that barely hold his interest. After unleashing an ancient curse, Jack's Professor undergoes a transformation into something not-quite- human, and Jack is forced to confront some old demons... along with a few new ones.
- Actors: Tamer Hassan, Simon Phillips, Olivia Hallinan, Alan Ford, Dexter Fletcher, Adam Deacon, Jason Flemyng, Neil Maskell, Doug Bradley, Zach Galligan, Peter Barrett, Annie Cooper, Jing Lusi, Sebastian Street, Rita Ramnani, Christopher Fosh, Forbes KB, Dominic Burns, David Tremaine, Patrick Moorhouse, Ashley N. Anderson, Jason Bains, Victoria Barker, Daniel Braveboy, Dan Brown, Chloe de Burgh, Martin Butler, Martin Colton, Nick Embassy, Andrew Foster
- Genre: Crime
- Director(s): Paul Tanter
- Actors: Michael Keaton, Kelly Preston, Joseph Cross, Mark Addy, Andrew Lawrence, Eli Marienthal, Will Rothhaar, Mika Boorem, Benjamin Brock, Taylor Handley, Joe Rokicki, Cameron Ferre, Ahmet Zappa, Paul F. Tompkins, Henry Rollins, Dweezil Zappa, Steve Giannelli, Jay Johnston, Jeff Cesario, Scott Thomson, Googy Gress, Scott Kraft, Jimmy Michaels, Ajai Sanders, John Ennis, Wayne Federman, Golden Henning, Pat Crawford Brown, Mr. Chips, Denise Cheshire
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Family, Fantasy
- Director(s): Troy Miller
Jack Frost is a singer who's on the road most of the time so he can't spend a lot of time with his son Charlie, although they love each other very much. When Jack dies in a car accident, Charlie becomes a very sad young man, until... Jack returns as a snowman! Now they can do all the things they've missed when Jack was human, but what will people think when they see Charlie talking to a snowman and what will happen when the weather gets warmer?
- Actors: Scott MacDonald, Christopher Allport, Stephen Mendel, F. William Parker, Eileen Seeley, Rob LaBelle, Zack Eginton, Jack Lindine, Kelly Jean Peters, Marsha Clark, Chip Heller, Brian Leckner, Darren O. Campbell, Shannon Elizabeth, Paul Keith, Charles C. Stevenson Jr., Nathanyael Grey, Todd Conner, Richard Whiten, Harley Zumbrum, Kurt Bryant, Brett Boydstun, David S. Kaufman
- Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Horror
- Director(s): Michael Cooney
Serial killer is genetically mutated in car wreck on the way to his execution. After which, he becomes a murdering snowman hell-bent on revenge for the sheriff who caught him.
- Actors: Christopher Allport, Eileen Seeley, Chip Heller, Marsha Clark, Scott MacDonald, Ray Cooney, David Allen Brooks, Sean Patrick Murphy, Tai Bennett, Jennifer Lyons, Shonda Farr, Granger Green, Ian Abercrombie, Doug Jones, Stefan Marchand, Melanie Good, Stephanie Chao, Paul H. Kim, Brian Gross, Jason Hall, Tony Masa, Richard Wong, Dani Lynn Cooney, Theresa Pink, Kerri V. Griffin, Brett Boydstun, Kurt Bryant, Vanessa Marshall, Jack Dougherty, Matt Falletta
- Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Horror
- Director(s): Michael Cooney
In this sequel of the first Jack Frost movie, Sheriff Sam Tiler, his wife Anne, and Sam's two deputies (also husband and wife) decide to go on a Caribbean vacation to take their minds off the traumatic events of the previous movie in a place with absolutely no snow. Their holiday will be short-lived, however, as the thawed murderer gets inadvertantly re-frozen and brought back to life. As if that weren't bad enough, he now has the ability to remain frozen even in tropical temperatures, and he's headed south to settle some old scores.
- Actors: Philip Seymour Hoffman, John Ortiz, Richard Petrocelli, Thomas McCarthy, Amy Ryan, Daphne Rubin-Vega, Lola Glaudini, Isaac Schinazi, Rafael Osorio, Stephen Adly Guirgis, Mason Pettit, Trevor Long, Stephen Mailer, Elizabeth Rainer, Theodore Mailer, Count Stovall, Salvatore Inzerillo, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Harry L. Seddon, Oliver Foot-E', Byron West, Shawna Bermender, Cordell Stahl, Sharon Lee Levine, Paul Thornton
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Philip Seymour Hoffman
Jack is a shy and awkward man who drives a limo and lives an unassuming life. His friend and co-worker, Clyde, and his wife Lucy, feel sorry for Jack and set him up on a blind date with Connie. Connie shares Jack's shyness and awkwardness, but through each other they seem to be able to find solace within themselves. Trouble might be brewing in paradise though, as Clyde and Lucy's marriage stumbles just as Jack and Connie's relationship grows.
- Actors: Brittany Robertson, Nikki Reed, Natasha Lyonne, Daveigh Chase, Lin Shaye, Rory Culkin, Louis Hunter, Serge Levin, Michael Sirow, Hutchi Hancock, Nicole Signore, Sally del Castillo, Nando Del Castillo, Lorenzo Beronilla, Lawton Denis, Kristin Mercedes Bence-DePalma, Julie E. Davis, Diana Greenhut
- Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Thomas Dekker
After his father is killed in a car crash, Jack travels home to Colorado to help nurse his mother (who was injured in the crash) back to health. There, he uncovers long buried secrets and lies within his family history, his parents, his friends and his very identity.
- Actors: Guy Pearce, Marta Dusseldorp, Aaron Pedersen, Roy Billing, Damien Richardson, Shane Jacobson, Vadim Glowna, Colin Friels, Steve Bisley, Emma Booth, Debra Lawrance, Fletcher Humphrys, Michael Carman, Simon Russell, Sarah Roberts, Terry Norris, Ron Falk, John Flaus, Damien Garvey, Drew Tingwell, Christopher Castles, Barry Mitchell, Noel Davis, Noel Mason, Kim Connell-Sculli, Russell Fletcher, Anthony Hayes, Alicia Gardiner, Hannah Formosa, Heather Mitchell
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
- Director(s): Jeffrey Walker
A former criminal lawyer is getting his life back together and now spends his days as a part-time investigator, debt collector, apprentice cabinet maker, punter and finding those who don't want to be found - dead or alive. When an ex-client wants his help, he lets it pass away. But then this guy turns up dead which forces him back into the ominous past he thought he left for good.
- Actors: AnnaSophia Robb, Israel Broussard, Sophia Caruso, Scott Cohen, John D'Leo, Drena De Niro, Parisa Fitz-Henley, Giullian Yao Gioiello, Stephen Hill, Leo Anthony Hojnowski, Jenny Jaffe, Famke Janssen, Chris Jarell, Christine Toy Johnson, Ana Maria Jomolca, Donna Kennedy, Briana Marin, Omar Maskati, Nan-Lyn Nelson, Tonye Patano, Taylor Richardson, Maria Rivera, Sejal Shah, Preston Fritz Smith, Judine Somerville, Harry Sutton Jr., Gameela Wright
- Genre: Drama, Family
- Director(s): Janet Grillo
A streetwise teenage runaway is on the lam from her probation officer. Her name is Jacquelyn, but if you call her anything but Jack, she'll cut you. Needing to lay low, earn money, and gain adequate stability to rescue her 11-year-old sister Coke from foster care, Jack cons her way into a suburban home as live-in helper for their autistic 11-year-old daughter, Glory. Much to her surprise, Jack has a unique ability to connect with the nonverbal little girl. As she positively impacts Glory, the family impacts Jack. Particularly Kay, Glory's mother. As these two scrappy survivors find an affinity with each other, Kay finds in Jack a daughter she can talk to. When romantic sparks fly between Jack and Robert, Glory's 17-year-old brother, we see a group of wounded people poignantly and surprisingly begin to heal each other-just a little bit. But the law catches up, the truth comes out, and Jack is forced to make a choice-to save her own hide, or save someone else.