Titles starting from letter "L"
During World War II, a small German squadron was assigned the task of carrying a shipment of Nazi gold across the African desert. Along the way, the squadron was ambushed by the Allies, and only one American soldier, Robert, survived. Years later, Robert tells his story to a German treasure hunter named Kurt, who promptly murders him. Robert's son, upon learning of his father's death, vows to travel to Africa and find the lost gold himself. While the desert is hazardous enough by itself, the dangers lurking around this oasis are more than any of the treasure hunters ever imagined.
- Actors: Louis de Funès, Coluche, Ann Zacharias, Julien Guiomar, Claude Gensac, Georges Chamarat, Jean Martin, Fernand Guiot, Gérard Boucaron, Antoine Marin, Yves Afonso, Raymond Bussières, Philippe Bouvard, Marcel Dalio, Vittorio Caprioli, Daniel Langlet, Martin Lamotte, Paul Bisciglia, Robert Lombard, Pierre Forget, Aurora Maris, Eduardo Bergara Leumann, Gérard Lorin, Albert Michel, Bob Morel, Max Montavon, Pierre Decazes, Auguste Geronimi, Peter Rockbertys, Gérard Victor
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Claude Zidi
Charles Duchemin, a well-known gourmet and publisher of a famous restaurant guide, is waging a war against fast food entrepreneur Tri- catel to save the French art of cooking. After having agreed to appear on a talk show to show his skills in naming food and wine by taste, he is confronted with two disasters: his son wants to become a clown rather than a restaurant tester and he, the famous Charles Duchemin, has lost his taste!
1961, France, Italy
- Actors: Delphine Seyrig, Giorgio Albertazzi, Sacha Pitoëff, Françoise Bertin, Luce Garcia-Ville, Héléna Kornel, Françoise Spira, Karin Toche-Mittler, Pierre Barbaud, Wilhelm von Deek, Jean Lanier, Gérard Lorin, Davide Montemuri, Gilles Quéant, Gabriel Werner, Alan Edwards
- Genre: Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Alain Resnais
In a huge, old-fashioned luxury hotel a stranger tries to persuade a married woman to run away with him, but it seems she hardly remembers the affair they may have had (or not?) last year at Marienbad.
2010, France, Monaco
- Actors: Romain Duris, Vanessa Paradis, Julie Ferrier, François Damiens, Héléna Noguerra, Andrew Lincoln, Jacques Frantz, Amandine Dewasmes, Jean-Yves Lafesse, Jean-Marie Paris, Tarek Boudali, Geoffrey Bateman, Philippe Lachaux, Natasha Cashman, Hiromi Asai, Sophie Jézéquel, Audrey Lamy, Dominique Giafferi, Elodie Frenck, Agustin Barrutia, Camille Figuereo, Nina Melo, Adina Cartianu, Patrick Massiah, Gianfranco Poddighe, Victoria Silvstedt, Alexis Attia, Didier Isnard, Mustapha Adidou, Eve Chems de Brouwer
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Pascal Chaumeil
You could say Alex Lippi is a ladies' man but it is not true. Of course he has already wooed and charmed armies of women, young and less young, French and foreign. But Alex does it only on active service. Indeed he is appointed to break up undesired couplings. This time he must prevent a rich young lady from marrying an English millionaire. The girl is beautiful and the future husband a perfect match. Will he manage to accomplish this difficult mission?
- Actors: Michel Simon, Dita Parlo, Jean Dasté, Gilles Margaritis, Louis Lefebvre, Maurice Gilles, Raphaël Diligent, Claude Aveline, René Blech, Lou Bonin, Fanny Clar, Charles Dorat, Paul Grimault, Genya Lozinska, Gen Paul, Jacques Prévert, Pierre Prévert, Albert Riéra
- Genre: Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Jean Vigo
When Juliette marries Jean, she comes to live on his ship, on board of which are, besides the two of them, only a cabin boy and the strange old second mate Pere Jules. Soon bored by life on the river, she slips off to see the nightlife when they come to Paris. Angered by this, Jean sets off, leaving Juliette behind. Overcome by grief and longing for his wife, Jean falls into a depression and Pere Jules goes and tries to find Juliette.
2010, France, Belgium
- Actors: Grégoire Leprince-Ringuet, Louise Bourgoin, Melvil Poupaud, Pauline Etienne, Pierre Niney, Ali Marhyar, Patrick Descamps, Pierre Vittet, Swann Arlaud, Francesco Merenda, Mohamed Diakite, Moon Dailly, Laurent Lacotte, Romain Ogerau, Patrick Vo, Michael Rickwood, Leslie Clack
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Gilles Marchand
An innocent young man becomes enamored with a mysterious girl. He is lured into "Black Hole" - a dark, obscure video game world of avatars with deadly serious intentions in the real world.
2008, France, Canada
- Actors: Vincent Cassel, Ludivine Sagnier, Mathieu Amalric, Samuel Le Bihan, Gérard Lanvin, Olivier Gourmet, Georges Wilson, Michel Duchaussoy, Anne Consigny, Laure Marsac, Alain Fromager, Alain Doutey, Arsène Mosca, Christophe Vandevelde, Luc Thuillier, Serge Biavan, Pascal Elso, Isabelle Vitari, Michaël Vander-Meiren, David Seigneur, Nicolas Abraham, Joseph Malerba, Pascal Doucet-Bon, Emmanuel Vieilly, Myriam Boyer, Pascal Liger, Gérard Jarrier, David Bursztein, Helena Soubeyrand, Fabrice de la Villehervé
- Genre: Action, Biography, Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Jean-François Richet
The story of Jacques Mesrine, France's public enemy No. 1 during the 1970s. After nearly two decades of legendary criminal feats -- from multiple bank robberies and to prison breaks -- Mesrine was gunned down by the French police in Paris.
Details the story of a dying breed of stage entertainer whose thunder is being stolen by emerging rock stars. Forced to accept increasingly obscure assignments in fringe theaters, garden parties and bars, he meets a young fan who changes his life forever.
- Actors: Jean Reno, Kad Merad, Gabriella Wright, Richard Berry, Marina Foïs, Jean-Pierre Darroussin, Venantino Venantini, Claude Gensac, Fani Kolarova, Denis Braccini, Carlo Brandt, Joséphine Berry, Fanny Delaporte, Moussa Maaskri, Catherine Samie, Dominique Thomas, Daniel Lundh, Joey Starr, Jessica Forde, Philippe Magnan, Boris Baum, Guillaume Gouix, Lucie Phan, Luc Palun, Max Baissette de Malglaive, Martial Bezot, Cédric Appietto, Laurent Casanova, Charlotte Marcoueille, Jean-Jérôme Esposito
- Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
- Director(s): Richard Berry
Charly Mattei has turned a new leaf on his past as an outlaw. For the past three years he's been living a comfortable life and devoting himself to his wife and two kids. However, one winter morning, he's left for dead in the underground parking garage of Marseille's Old Port with 22 bullets in his body. Against all odds, he will not die.
- Actors: Jean-François Balmer, Jacques Gamblin, Hélène de Saint-Père, Laurent Lucas, Bertrand Constant, Martin Sochor, Scali Delpeyrat, Hichem Rostom, Fethi Haddaoui, Mehdi Dehbi, Zakariya Gouram, Salim Dau, Khaled Farjani, Assem Bettouhami, Aymen Omrani, Jirí Kout, Arnaud Guiral, Cristiana Capotondi, Eva Aichmajerová, Slah M'Sadek, Laurent Besançon, Aleksandra Poplawska, Houssem Sahli, Petra Spindler, Denis Sylvain, Taoufik Behi, Lofti Dziri, Mohamed Lakhdar, Marova Baaboura, Frédéric Quiring
- Genre: Animation, Short, Fantasy, Drama, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Action, Sci-Fi, Family, Romance, Comedy, Crime, Adventure
- Director(s): Giacomo Battiato
2008, France, Canada, Italy
- Actors: Vincent Cassel, Cécile De France, Gérard Depardieu, Gilles Lellouche, Roy Dupuis, Elena Anaya, Florence Thomassin, Michel Duchaussoy, Myriam Boyer, Abdelhafid Metalsi, Gilbert Sicotte, Deano Clavet, Ludivine Sagnier, Mustapha Abourachid, Sofiane Benrazzak, Farid Fedjer, Gilles Geisweiller, Leïla Bekhti, Dorothée Brière, Michelle Brûlé, Yves Marc Gilbert, Maria Ibars Valverde, Mercè Llorens, Sabri Lahmer, Manuela Gourary, Affif Ben Badra, Frankie Pain, Emmanuelle Carlier, François Hauteserre, Jean-Claude Leguay
- Genre: Action, Biography, Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Jean-François Richet
Mesrine: Killer Instinct -- the first of two parts -- charts the outlaw odyssey of Jacques Mesrine (Vincent Cassel), the legendary French gangster of the 1960s and 1970s who came to be known as French Public Enemy No. 1 and The Man of a Thousand Faces. Infamous for his bravado and outrageously daring prison escapes, Mesrine carried out numerous robberies, kidnappings and murders in a criminal career that spanned continents until he was shot dead in 1979 by France's notorious anti-gang unit. Thirty years after his death, his infamy lives on. Mesrine was helped along the way by beautiful and equally reckless Jeanne Schneider (CÃ©cile de France), a Bonnie to match his Clyde. Mesrine made up his own epic, between romanticism and cruelty, flamboyance and tragedy.
- Actors: Kevin Spacey, Russell Crowe, Guy Pearce, James Cromwell, Kim Basinger, Danny DeVito, David Strathairn, Ron Rifkin, Matt McCoy, Paul Guilfoyle, Paolo Seganti, Elisabeth Granli, Sandra Taylor, Steve Rankin, Graham Beckel, Allan Graf, Precious Chong, Symba Smith, Bob Clendenin, Lennie Loftin, Will Zahrn, Amber Smith, Darrell Sandeen, Michael Warwick, Simon Baker, Shawnee Free Jones, Matthew Allen Bretz, Thomas Rosales Jr., Shane Dixon, Norman Howell
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller
- Director(s): Curtis Hanson
1950's Los Angeles is the seedy backdrop for this intricate noir-ish tale of police corruption and Hollywood sleaze. Three very different cops are all after the truth, each in their own style: Ed Exley, the golden boy of the police force, willing to do almost anything to get ahead, except sell out; Bud White, ready to break the rules to seek justice, but barely able to keep his raging violence under control; and Jack Vincennes, always looking for celebrity and a quick buck until his conscience drives him to join Exley and White down the one-way path to find the truth behind the dark world of L.A. crime.
- Actors: Mischa Barton, Dave Batista, Andy Dick, Eric Roberts, Danny Trejo, Abigail Wright, Frank Collison, Marisa Lauren, Drake Bell, Tori Black, Brooke Hogan, Korrina Rico, Elizabeth Morris, Carlee Baker, Jamie Bernadette, Tim Burke, Andrew de Burgh, Amber Lee Ettinger, Amanda Fields, Allison Kyler, Barbara Nedeljakova, William Nicol, Jane Noble, Franklin Ruehl, Ashlynn Yennie, Fred Brotman, Victor Taylor
- Genre: Comedy, Crime, Fantasy
- Director(s): Martin Owen
Driven to rage over the tawdry excesses of reality television, a self-appointed cultural crusader kidnaps several very famous nobodies to make his point- but his crimes only generate more tabloid frenzy.
- Actors: Steve Martin, Victoria Tennant, Richard E. Grant, Marilu Henner, Sarah Jessica Parker, Susan Forristal, Kevin Pollak, Sam McMurray, Patrick Stewart, Andrew Amador, Gail Grate, Eddie De Harp, M.C. Shan, Frances Fisher, Iman, Tommy Hinkley, Larry Miller, Anna Crawford, Samantha McCoy, Thornton Simmons, Dennis Dragon, Richard Stahl, Aaron Lustig, Julianna McCarthy, Time Winters, Pierre Epstein, Wesley Thompson, George Plimpton, David Glyn Price, Wesley Mann
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Romance
- Director(s): Mick Jackson
Harris K Telemacher is a 'wacky weekend weatherman' for a local Los Angeles television station who is searching for meaning in his otherwise cliche ridden Los Angeles life. With the help of an insightful and talkative Freeway sign, Harris embarks on a journey through Los Angeles in pursuit of Sarah, an English reporter who has been sent to the City of Angels to research an article for the London Times.
- Actors: Paul Dano, Bruce Altman, Billy Kay, James Costa, Tony Michael Donnelly, Michelle Carano, Tatiana Burgos, Brian Cox, B. Constance Barry, Walter Masterson, Brad Silnutzer, Bob Gerardi, Adam LeFevre, Frank Rivers, Anthony F. Peragine, Jude LoBasso, Marcia DeBonis, Gladys Dano, Emilio Cuesta, Christine Toy Johnson, Francis Leik, Chuck Ardezzone, Risa Ziegler, Ray Garvey, Angela Pietropinto, Chance Kelly, Luis G. Moreno
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Michael Cuesta
Fifteen-year-old Howie loses just about everything and everyone in the space of a single week, but ends up finding himself in the process. His mother has just died. His father, a building contractor, can barely keep tabs on his young girlfriend, let alone his own son. Thusly, the teen must navigate his adolescence virtually unsupervised. Floating towards an ill-behaved existence, Howie and his crowd begin robbing houses in the middle-class neighborhoods off the Long Island Expressway. Together, he and his best friend Gary break into a place belonging to an old guy named Big John, a local man who is a respected pillar of the community. When Big John fingers Gary for the crime, Howie learns that his pal has been leading a secret, dangerous but also alluring double life. Subsequently, we also discover that Big John has secrets of his own.
- Actors: Ken'ichi Matsuyama, Sota Aoyama, Shunji Fujimura, Tatsuya Fujiwara, Mayuko Fukuda, Narushi Fukuda, Sei Hiraizumi, Shigeki Hosokawa, Renji Ishibashi, Yuta Kanai, Youki Kudoh, Tim Man, Bokuzô Masana, Thomas J. Melesky, Shido Nakamura, Kazuki Namioka, Kiyotaka Nanbara, Megumi Satô, Asaka Seto, Ron Smoorenburg, Michael Strusievici, Masanobu Takashima, Yôji Tanaka, Erika Toda, Shingo Tsurumi, David Bueno, Lex de Groot
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Hideo Nakata
A spin-off of the popular Death Note films, L: Change The World focuses on the legendary detective L as he uses his final 23 days to solve crimes all over the world. When a young girl and boy come to him for aid, L is soon faced with what may be his most difficult case yet: stopping a group of corrupted scientists from spreading a lethal virus throughout the earth.
- Actors: Lou Diamond Phillips, Lou Diamond Phillips, Esai Morales, Esai Morales, Rosanna DeSoto, Rosanna DeSoto, Elizabeth Peña, Elizabeth Peña, Danielle von Zerneck, Danielle von Zerneck, Joe Pantoliano, Joe Pantoliano, Rick Dees, Rick Dees, Marshall Crenshaw, Marshall Crenshaw, Howard Huntsberry, Howard Huntsberry, Brian Setzer, Brian Setzer, Daniel Valdez, Daniel Valdez, Felipe Cantu, Felipe Cantu, Eddie Frias, Eddie Frias, Mike Moroff, Mike Moroff, Geoffrey Rivas, Geoffrey Rivas
- Genre: Biography, Biography, Drama, Music, Drama, Music
- Director(s): Luis Valdez, Luis Valdez
This is the true story of Ritchie Valens, a young rock & roll singer who tragically died in a plane crash at the age of 17. The film follows Ritchie from his days in Pacoima, California where he and his family make a meager living working on farms to his rise as a star. The film also focuses on Richie's friendship and rivalry with his older brother Bob and his relationship with Donna, his girlfriend.
Joe Manganiello (Magic Mike) steps behind the camera for LA BARE, a documentary film that goes behind the curtain, behind the stage and behind the magic of the world's most popular male strip club - La Bare Dallas. Featuring a unique ensemble of the club's most popular dancers, LA BARE takes a provocative look into their rock 'n' roll lifestyle and offers a front row seat to their lives, loves, laughs and losses.
A film commissioned by the Algerian government that shows the Algerian revolution from both sides. The French foreign legion has left Vietnam in defeat and has something to prove. The Algerians are seeking independence. The two clash. The torture used by the French is contrasted with the Algerian's use of bombs in soda shops. A look at war as a nasty thing that harms and sullies everyone who participates in it.
La Casa Loca is a raunchy college frat comedy about a Latino from New York who tries to fit in at a very White college in America's Midwest. Jaime Sanchez works at a car wash, and lives with his close-knit family in Brooklyn. A miserable failure with the ladies, he takes the advice of his brothers and buddies to try going to college to meet easy female co-eds, and finally end his unlucky streak. He applies to colleges with relaxed admission standards, and much to his amazement is accepted by a small town college in Indiana. Jaime plans to hit the campus party scene, meet hot sorority girls and major in wild college sex. However, Jaime discovers that he is a cultural outcast. Along with his freaky Mexican roommate and other campus misfits, Jaime forms his own fraternity house - ALPHA CINCO DE MAYO DELTA, and challenges the status of KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA (aka KKK) as the Craziest Party House on Campus.