Titles starting from letter "P"
Louise Harrington, a divorced, thirty-something admissions officer at Columbia University's School of Fine Arts is intelligent, pretty, and successful, yet unfulfilled. That is, until a graduate school application crosses her desk and she arranges to interview the young painter. When F. Scott Feinstadt appears, he bears an uncanny resemblance to Louise's high school boyfriend and one true love, an artist who died in a car accident twenty years earlier. Within hours of the interview, Louise and Scott have embarked on a passionately uninhibited older woman/younger man affair. But is Scott just a reminder of Louise's lost love? And is Scott just trying to wheedle his way into the Ivy League? Adding to the romantic complications is competition from Louise's best friend from high school, Missy, who shows up to claim the affections of the boy; Louise's co-dependent ex-husband Peter; her cynical mother and fresh-out-of-rehab brother.
- Actors: Hilary Swank, Gerard Butler, Lisa Kudrow, Gina Gershon, James Marsters, Kathy Bates, Harry Connick Jr., Nellie McKay, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Christopher Whalen, Dean Winters, Anne Kent, Brian McGrath, Sherie Rene Scott, Susan Blackwell, Michael Countryman, Roger Rathburn, Rita Gardner, Gayton Scott, Brian Munn, Shepherd Frankel, Richard Wallace Smith, Mike Doyle, Don Sparks, Caris Vujcec, Alexandra McGuinness, Aonghus Og McAnally, Ryan Everett Canfield, Timo Schnellinger, Danny Calvert
- Genre: Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Richard LaGravenese
Holly Kennedy is beautiful, smart and married to the love of her life - a passionate, funny, and impetuous Irishman named Gerry. So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. The only one who can help her is the person who is no longer there. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry. So it's a good thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of letters that will guide her, not only through her grief, but in rediscovering herself. The first message arrives on Holly's 30th birthday in the form of a cake, and to her utter shock, a tape recording from Gerry, who proceeds to tell her to get out and "celebrate herself". In the weeks and months that follow, more letters from Gerry are delivered in surprising ways, each sending her on a new adventure and each signing off in the same way; P.S. I Love You. Holly's mother and best friends begin to worry that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past, but in fact, each letter is pushing her further into a new future. With Gerry's words as her guide, Holly embarks on a journey of rediscovery in a story about marriage, friendship and how a love so strong can turn the finality of death into a new beginning for life.
Auro (Amitabh Bachchan) is an intelligent and witty 13-year-old boy with an extremely rare genetic defect that causes accelerated aging. He suffers from a progeria-like syndrome. Mentally he is 13, very normal, but physically he looks five times older. In spite of his condition, Auro is a very happy boy. He lives with his mother Vidya (Vidya Balan) who is a gynecologist. Amol Arte (Abhishek Bachchan) is young, progressive and a full-of-ideals politician. He is out to prove to the world that 'politics' is not a bad word. He is a man with a mission. Auro is Amol's son.
- Actors: Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Ron Perlman, Charlie Day, Clifton Collins Jr., Robert Maillet, Burn Gorman, Diego Klattenhoff, Rinko Kikuchi, Max Martini, Larry Joe Campbell, Heather Doerksen, Ellen McLain, Robert Kazinsky, Brad William Henke, Robin Thomas, Jake Goodman, Joe Pingue, Timothy Gibbs, David Richmond-Peck, Milton Barnes, Justin Major, Robert Morse, Mana Ashida, Sunil Narkar, Neil Whitely, Emerson Wong, Mark Baldesarra, Phi Huynh, Joe Vercillo
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
- Director(s): Guillermo del Toro
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes - a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi) - who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
- Actors: Tomás Fonzi, Norma Aleandro, Esther Goris, Romina Ricci, Roberto Vallejos, Sebastián Cantoni, Valeria Medina, Willy Lemos, Sofía Gala, María Ucedo, Guillermo Pfening, Leonora Balcarce, Luis Luque, Salo Pasik, Juan Palomino, Lucrecia Blanco, Claudio Rissi, Gabriel Corrado, Nelson Castro, Antonella Acosta, Iván De Pineda, Daniel Fanego, Andrea Galante, Paula Morales, Diego Rafecas, Maria Socas
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Diego Rafecas
The story of Francisco, a young psychics teacher who starts consuming drugs, his mother, a well known congresswoman and Nina, the woman who will try to save him from a horrible future.
- Actors: Tim Downie, Madeleine Worrall, Lottie Steer, Geoffrey Palmer, Theresa Watson, Imelda Staunton, Michael Gambon, Ben Whishaw, Hugh Bonneville, Sally Hawkins, Madeleine Harris, Samuel Joslin, Michael Bond, Matt Lucas, Julie Walters, Jude Wright, Kayvan Novak, Nicole Kidman, Peter Capaldi, Eddie Nestor, Iain Mitchell, Jim Broadbent, Jonathan Derbyshire, Mary Roscoe, Matt King, Dominic Coleman, Llewella Gideon, Tarik Blake, Ross Boatman, Steve Oram
- Genre: Comedy, Family
- Director(s): Paul King
A young Peruvian bear with a passion for all things British travels to London in search of a home. Finding himself lost and alone at Paddington Station, he begins to realize that city life is not all he had imagined - until he meets the kindly Brown family, who read the label around his neck ('Please look after this bear. Thank you.') and offer him a temporary haven. It looks as though his luck has changed until this rarest of bears catches the eye of a museum taxidermist.
2007, USA, Argentina
- Actors: Jesús Ochoa, Armando Hernández, Jorge Adrián Espíndola, Paola Mendoza, Sean Andrew, Leonardo Anzures, Luis Antonio Aponte, Jean Brassard, Barbara Danicka, Eugenio Derbez, Ricky Garcia, Scott Glascock, Lev Gorn, Israel Hernández, Yarida Hernandez, Matthew Kehoe, Jessica Kelly, Lenny Ligotti, Edward McGinty, Randall Newsome, Don Puglisi, Greta Quispe, Rajiv Rao, Jaime Santiago Sánchez, Santos, Yury Tsykun, Juan Villarreal, Teresa Yenque
- Genre: Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Christopher Zalla
A Mexican boy smuggles himself to Brooklyn to meet his long-lost father - only to have his identity stolen upon arrival by an impostor who seeks to steal the fathers' fortune.
- Actors: Bill Nighy, Tom Hughes, Michael Gambon, Judy Davis, Rakhee Thakrar, Saskia Reeves, Ewen Bremner, Felicity Jones, Richard Lintern, Holly Aird, Andrew Cleaver, Kate Burdette, Ralph Fiennes, Alice Krige, Rory Morrison, Aisling Loftus, Bruce Myers, Surendra Kochar, Charlotte Green, Marthe Keller, Bijan Daneshmand, Jay Benedict, James McArdle, Kriss Dosanjh, Hywel Morgan, Pippa Andre, Dixie Arnold, Ken Birk, Rachel Weisz, Simon Steggall
- Genre: Thriller
- Director(s): David Hare
Johnny Worricker (Bill Nighy) is a long-serving MI5 officer. His boss and best friend Benedict Baron (Michael Gambon) dies suddenly, leaving behind him an inexplicable file, threatening the stability of the organization. Meanwhile, a seemingly chance encounter with Johnny's striking next-door neighbor and political activist Nancy Pierpan (Rachel Weisz) seems too good to be true. Johnny is forced to walk out of his job, and then out of his identity to find out the truth. Set in London and Cambridge, PAGE EIGHT is a contemporary spy film for the BBC, which addresses intelligence issues and moral dilemmas peculiar to the new century.
- Actors: Sarah Ellison, Larry Ingrassia, David Carr, Dennis Crowley, Bruce Headlam, Evan Williams, Richard Perez-Pena, Paul Steiger, Clay Shirky, Markos Moulitsas, Brian Stelter, Seth Mnookin, Alex S. Jones, Nicholas Lemann, Ian Fisher, Claiborne Ray, Noam Cohen, Carla Baranauckas, Susan Chira, Katherine Bouton, Bill Keller, Nick Denton, Jeff Jarvis, Katrina vanden Heuvel, Jimmy Wales, Rick Lyman, Shane Smith, Dean Baquet, Tim Arango, Brian Lam
- Genre: Documentary
- Director(s): Andrew Rossi
During the most tumultuous time for media in generations, filmmaker Andrew Rossi gains unprecedented access to the newsroom at The New York Times. For a year, he follows journalists on the paper's Media Desk, a department created to cover the transformation of the media industry. Through this prism, a complex view emerges of a media landscape fraught with both peril and opportunity, especially at the Times itself.
- Actors: Wood Harris, Mekhi Phifer, Kevin Carroll, Esai Morales, Chi McBride, Cam'ron, Remo Greene, Cynthia Martells, Elise Neal, Regina Hall, Joyce Walker, Ron C. Jones, Nelson Tynes, Karen Andrew, Pedro Salvín, Ramon Marroquin, The World Famous *BoB*, Jonas Chernick, Wes Williams, Rufus Crawford, Jason Burke, K.C. Collins, Geoffrey Antoine, Arnold Pinnock, Tyson Hall, Flash, Martin Roach, Noreaga, Jesse Gibbons, Rohan Waugh
- Genre: Drama, Action, Crime
- Director(s): Charles Stone III
Ace is an impressionable young man working for a dry cleaning business. His friend, drug dealer Mitch goes to prison. In an unrelated incident, he finds some cocaine in a pants pocket. Soon, Ace finds himself dealing cocaine for Lulu. Via lucky breaks and solid interpersonal skills, Ace moves to the top of the Harlem drug world. Of course, unfaithful employees and/or rivals conspire to bring about Ace's fall.
- Actors: Dwayne Johnson, Mark Wahlberg, Rebel Wilson, Rob Corddry, Ed Harris, Anthony Mackie, Ken Jeong, Tony Shalhoub, Vivi Pineda, Michael Rispoli, Kurt Angle, William Haze, Larry Hankin, Emily Rutherfurd, Yolanthe Cabau, Tony Plana, Bar Paly, Jeff Chase, Jennifer Nicole Lee, Brian Stepanek, Patrick Bristow, Julisita Salcedo, Frenchi Dourbecker, Nick Depalo, Jordana DePaula, Diana Laura, Indra Patel, Wladimir Klitschko, Keili Lefkovitz, Debbie Whited
- Genre: Action, Comedy, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Michael Bay
Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (Dwayne Johnson). Their kidnapping and extortion scheme goes terribly wrong since they have muscles for brains and they're left to haphazardly try to hold onto the elusive American dream.
After losing his family when he was young, Nam-soon feels no pain. He cannot feel physical pain and is emotionally barren until he meets Dong-hyeon, who calls herself a vampire because she suffers from hemophilia. Unlike Dong-hyeon, when Nam-soon is injured, she bleeds from even the smallest wound. As the two grow closer, Dong-hyeon suddenly begins to lose his lifelong insensitivity to pain and the hurt of a lifetime washes over him.
2007, Canada, USA
- Actors: Kristanna Loken, Noah Danby, Stephen Lobo, Sean O. Roberts, Rob Stewart, Nathaniel DeVeaux, Alaina Huffman, Melanie Papalia, John Reardon, Matt Devere, Christopher Britton, Ágnes Máhr, Garwin Sanford, Tiera Skovbye, Tom Butler, Michael Rogers, Ralf Bauer, Adrian Holmes, Berthram Klamp, Dana McLoughlin, Uwe Lauer, Ryan Ennis, Elias Toufexis, Mike Kelly
- Genre: Action, Sci-Fi
- Director(s): Matthew Hastings
Jane Vasco is a DEA agent recruited by a covert government agency that hunts genetically enhanced individuals. She discovers that she can heal rapidly from any injury and begins to investigate the source of her powers.
A truck rumbles down a potholed track. In the back sit a group of passengers, their eyes blindfolded...
- Actors: Ashok Kumar, Meena Kumari, Raaj Kumar, Veena, D.K. Sapru, Kamal Kapoor, Vijay Laxmi, Jagdish Kanwal, Nadira, Pratima Devi, Altaf, Praveen Paul, Lotan, Chanda, Meenakshi, Chandra Mohan, Zebunissa, Sarita Devi, M.K. Mishra, Begum Bai, Jagdish Bhalla, Rafiya Sultana, S. Nazir, Heena Kausar, Rafiqah Banu, Begum Rizvi, Bilquis, Naseem Banu, Reshma, Shabana
- Genre: Musical, Romance, Drama
- Director(s): Kamal Amrohi
A girl, whose mother dies of sorrow from her husband's family's rejection, grows up singing and dancing like her mother. She works as a dancing girl and is courted by a prince, but can think only of a man she has never met, who left her a message on the train. She dreams of him and cannot dance, becomes frightened and runs into the night
- Actors: Ryô Ikebe, Mariko Kaga, Takashi Fujiki, Chisako Hara, Eijirô Tôno, Seiji Miyaguchi, Mikizo Hirata, Keiko Kuni, Sôhei Kurata, Shin'ichirô Mikami, Hiroshi Mizushima, Shin'ya Mizushima, Koji Nakahara, Tomoko Saitô, Isao Sasaki, Kyû Sazanka, Naoki Sugiura, Muga Takewaki, Isao Tamagawa, Akio Tanaka
- Genre: Crime, Thriller
- Director(s): Masahiro Shinoda
Muraki, a hardboiled Yakuza gangster, has just been released from prison after serving a sentence for murder. Revisiting his old gambling haunts, he meets Saeko, a striking young upper-class woman who is out seeking thrills, and whose presence adds spice to the staid masculine underworld rituals. Muraki becomes her mentor while simultaneously coping with the shifts of power that have affected the gangs while he was interred. When he notices a rogue, drug-addicted young punk hanging around the gambling dens, he realizes that Saeko's insatiable lust for intense pleasures may be leading her to self-destruction.
- Actors: Clint Eastwood, Michael Moriarty, Carrie Snodgress, Chris Penn, Richard Dysart, Sydney Penny, Richard Kiel, Doug McGrath, John Russell, Charles Hallahan, Marvin J. McIntyre, Fran Ryan, Richard Hamilton, Graham Paul, Chuck Lafont, Jeffrey Weissman, Allen Keller, Randy Oglesby, Herman Poppe, Kathleen Wygle, Terrence Evans, Jim Hitson, Loren Adkins, Thomas H. Friedkin, S.A. Griffin, Jack Radosta, Robert Winley, Billy Drago, Jeffrey Josephson, John Dennis Johnston
- Genre: Action, Crime, Drama, Thriller, Western
- Director(s): Clint Eastwood
A gold mining camp in the California foothills is besieged by a neighboring landowner intent on stealing their claims. A preacher rides into camp and uses all of his powers of persuasion to convince the landowner to give up his attacks on the miners.
1998, Germany, USA
- Actors: Woody Harrelson, Elisabeth Shue, Gina Gershon, Rolf Hoppe, Michael Rapaport, Chloë Sevigny, Tom Wright, Marc Macaulay, Joe Hickey, Ralph Wilcox, Peter Paul DeLeo, Hal Jones, Salvador Levy, Richard Booker, Mikki Scanlon, Bill Larson, T.W. Terry, Jim Janey, Brett Rice, Vince Cecere, Don Bright, Ernie Garrett, Karin J. Ivester, Marcus Thomas, Douglas Mann, Jim R. Coleman, Victoria Tan, Stephen McGruder, Annabelle Weenick, Wil Kilmer
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Thriller
- Director(s): Volker Schlöndorff
After being released from prison on a bum charge, Harry Barber is out for some payback to regain the two years he has lost. He is hired by Mrs. Malroux to fake the kidnapping of her stepdaughter (the daughter of a dying millionaire). He discovers that he is being set up on multiple levels and will soon face a longer prison sentence if he does not prove the truth to the police.
- Actors: Jack Kilmer, Nat Wolff, Emma Roberts, Olivia Crocicchia, Claudia Levy, James Franco, Val Kilmer, Jacqui Getty, Andrew Lutheran, Bo Mitchell, Bailey Coppola, Zoe Levin, Brennen Taylor, Atlanta Decadenet, Colleen Camp, Anna Thea, Timothy Starks, Micah Nelson, Janet Jones, Emma Gretzky, Genevieve Penn, Jesse Jo Stark, Jake Nordwin, Don Novello, Jamal Hammadi, Marshall Bell, Laney Fichera, Greta Seacat, Chris Messina, Nathalie Love
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Gia Coppola
Shy, sensitive April is the class virgin, torn between an illicit flirtation with her soccer coach Mr. B and an unrequited crush on sweet stoner Teddy. Emily, meanwhile, offers sexual favors to every boy to cross her path - including both Teddy and his best friend Fred, a live wire without filters or boundaries. As one high school party bleeds into the next - and April and Teddy struggle to admit their mutual affection - Fred's escalating recklessness starts to spiral into chaos.