Titles starting from letter "V"
2004, USA, UK, Germany
- Actors: Natalie Portman, Hugo Weaving, Stephen Rea, Stephen Fry, John Hurt, Tim Pigott-Smith, Rupert Graves, Roger Allam, Ben Miles, Sinéad Cusack, Natasha Wightman, John Standing, Eddie Marsan, Clive Ashborn, Emma Field-Rayner, Ian Burfield, Mark Phoenix, Alister Mazzotti, Billie Cook, Guy Henry, Cosima Shaw, Megan Gay, Roderic Culver, Tara Hacking, Andy Rashleigh, Chad Stahelski, Antje Rau, Amelda Brown, Richard Campbell, Patricia Gannon
- Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Thriller
- Director(s): James McTeigue
The futuristic tale unfolds in a Great Britain that's a fascist state. A freedom fighter known as V uses terrorist tactics to fight the oppressive society. He rescues a young woman from the secret police, and she becomes his unlikely ally.
- Actors: Kathleen Turner, Jay O. Sanders, Charles Durning, Angela Goethals, Nancy Paul, Frederick Coffin, Charles McCaughan, Stephen Meadows, Wayne Knight, Lynnie Godfrey, Anne Pitoniak, Stephen Root, Robert Clotworthy, Tom Allard, Mike Hagerty, Lee Arenberg, Mike Bacarella, John Beasley, Everett Smith, Herb Muller, Theresa Bell, Geof Prysirr, Sandra Foster, Gregg Almquist, Gene Hartline, Gary Epper, John P. Marsh, Shirley Johnson, Victor Herold, Casey Jones
- Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime, Mystery
- Director(s): Jeff Kanew
Victoria "V.I" Warshawski is a Chicago based private detective who agrees to babysit for her new boyfriend; then he is murdered. Being the detective type, she makes the murder her next case. In doing so she befriends the victim's daughter, Kat, and together they set out to crack the case.
- Actors: Calvin Reeder, Lane Hughes, Kentucker Audley, Adam Wingard, Frank Stack, Sarah Byrne, Melissa Boatright, Simon Barrett, Andrew Droz Palermo, Hannah Fierman, Mike Donlan, Joe Sykes, Drew Sawyer, Jas Sams, Joe Swanberg, Nicholas Tecosky, Rob Mosca, Sophia Takal, Kate Lyn Sheil, Lisa Marie Thomas, Sunita Patel & Family, Helen Rogers, Elizabeth Davidovich, Daniel Kaufman, Liz Harvey, Kat Slatery, Nate Dorn, Golda Steinberg, Christina Smith, Nicholas Ozimer
- Genre: Horror
- Director(s): Matt Bettinelli-Olpin
A POV, found footage horror film from the perspective of America's top genre filmmakers. A group of misfits are hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house in the countryside and acquire a rare tape. Upon searching the house, the guys are confronted with a dead body, a hub of old televisions and an endless supply of cryptic footage, each video stranger than the last.
- Actors: Emmy Argo, Amanda Baker, Rim Basma, Gregg Bishop, Nick Blanco, Dan Caudill, Stephen Caudill, Greyson Chadwick, Lindsay Clift, Jawed El Berni, Laura Eschmann, Natalia Ferreiro, Michael Flores, Angela Garcia, Jade Gotcher, Amanda Hall, Tiffany Hamill, Jeanine Harrington, Temple Hull, Jackson James, Jonez Jones, Anna Kazmi, Carrie Keagan, Niousha Khosrowyar, Kasey Landoll, Jessica Luza, Randy McDowell, Michael Aaron Milligan, Nathan Mobley, Chloe Nichols
- Genre: Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Justin Benson
Follows fame-obsessed teens who unwittingly become stars of the next internet sensation.
- Actors: Kate Beckinsale, Luke Wilson, Frank Whaley, Ethan Embry, Scott G. Anderson, Mark Casella, David Doty, Norm Compton, Caryn Mower, Meegan Godfrey, Kym Stys, Andrew Fiscella, Dale Waddington, Ernest Misko, Bryan Ross, Chevon Hicks, Cary Wayne Moore, Richie Varga
- Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
- Director(s): Nimród Antal
David and Amy Fox find themselves stranded in the middle of nowhere when their car breaks down. Luckily, they come across a motel with a TV to entertain them during their overnight stay. However, there's something very strange and familiar about the Grade-Z slasher movies that the motel broadcasts for its guests' enjoyment. They all appear to be filmed in the very same room they occupy! Realizing that they are trapped in their room with hidden cameras now aimed at them filming their every move, David and Amy desperately find a means of escape through locked doors, crawlspaces and underground tunnels before they too become the newest stars of the mystery filmmaker's next cult classic!
- Actors: Agnes Bruckner, David Moscow, Scott G. Anderson, Arjay Smith, Trevor Wright, Beau Billingslea, Brian Klugman, Juanita Jennings, Nelson Lee, Gwendoline Yeo, Judy Durning, David Shackelford, Lola Davidson, Don Oscar Smith, Joe Reegan, Christopher Allen Nelson, Paul Papadakis, Jeryl Prescott, Angel Oquendo, Jonathan Terry
- Genre: Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Eric Bross
In 2004, the managers of the Meadow View Motel Gordon and Reece use room 6 to videotape the intimacy of the guests to sell porn movies. When the mysterious Mr. Smith checks in with a young woman, they witness the sadistic psychopath guest stabbing and killing his mate. The footage is a success and they decide to make other snuff movies with Smith. When Caleb, who is traveling from Chicago with his fiancée Jessica and his best friend Tanner, decides to rest in Meadow View, they have a nightmarish night and try to survive from the sick intention of the gang.
A fugitive, an empty house, a rotting corpse. The journey begins. Cameron Matthews, a petty criminal and fugitive from the law, hides from police by taking shelter in an old dilapidated house in the middle of the city. There he discovers the rotting corpse of Bart Giordano, the owner of the house, whose death has gone unnoticed by friends and family for years. Though separated by death, the two men form an unlikely spiritual connection and help each other rebuild broken relationships in their personal lives.
- Actors: Ed Helms, Christina Applegate, Skyler Gisondo, Steele Stebbins, Chris Hemsworth, Leslie Mann, Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Charlie Day, Catherine Missal, Ron Livingston, Norman Reedus, Keegan Michael Key, Regina Hall, Emyri Crutchfield, Alkoya Brunson, Nick Kroll, Tim Heidecker, Kaitlin Olson, Michael Peña, Hannah Davis, David Clennon, Colin Hanks, Kirstin Ford, Ethan Maher, Elizabeth Gillies, Cristina Squyres, Nadine Avola, Ryan Cartwright, Valerie Payton
- Genre: Adventure, Comedy
- Director(s): John Francis Daley
Hoping to bring his family closer together and to recreate his childhood vacation for his own kids, an adult Rusty Griswold takes his wife and two sons on a cross-country road trip to Walley World. Needless to say, things don't go quite as planned.
- Actors: Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Imogene Coca, Randy Quaid, Anthony Michael Hall, Dana Barron, Eddie Bracken, Brian Doyle-Murray, Miriam Flynn, James Keach, Eugene Levy, Frank McRae, John Candy, Christie Brinkley, Jane Krakowski, John P. Navin Jr., Nathan Cook, Christopher Jackson, Mickey Jones, John Diehl, Jeannie Dimter Barton, Randy Lowell, Virgil Wyaco II, Gerry Black, James Staley, Adelaide Wilder, Tessa Richarde, Fritz Ford, Eric Stacey, Scott Perry
- Genre: Adventure, Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Harold Ramis
The Griswold family are on a quest. A quest to a Walley World theme park for a family vacation, but things aren't going to go exactly as planned, especially when Clark Griswold is losing all thought towards a mysterious blonde in a red Ferrari.
- Actors: Denise Richards, David Boreanaz, Marley Shelton, Jessica Capshaw, Jessica Cauffiel, Katherine Heigl, Hedy Burress, Fulvio Cecere, Daniel Cosgrove, Johnny Whitworth, Woody Jeffreys, Adam Harrington, Claude Duhamel, Wyatt Page, Benita Ha, Paul Magel, Haig Sutherland, Adrian Holmes, Ty Olsson, Daniel Boileau, G. Patrick Currie, Jo-Ann Fernandes, Alex Diakun, Karina Carreck, Aaron Dudley, Dalias Blake, Chris Webb, Basia Antos, Carla Boudreau, Vanessa Volker
- Genre: Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Jamie Blanks
Valentine's Day 1988: At the school dance, geeky Jeremy Melton bravely faces one rejection after the other when asking four popular girls to dance with him. A fifth girl, plump and insecure, agrees, but they end up making out under the bleachers. When a group of school bullies catches them, the girl claims that Jeremy attacked her. This causes them to strip off his clothes and beat him up in front of the entire school. Flash forward to 2001. We meet the five girls who were in that school gym: Kate, Paige, Shelly, Lily and the formerly plump Dorothy. They are all in their 20's now and trying to sort out their love lives, which is appropriate, since Valentine's Day is coming up. After a disastrous date with a loser, one of the girls, a pre-med student, is murdered by a Cherub-mask wearing killer who sent her a death threat in the form of a Valentine card prior to the attack. After the four remaining girls are reunited at her funeral, they all start receiving threatening cards and messages. At first they don't know who would want to hurt them, but eventually they figure that maybe Jeremy is responsible. Police records show that Jeremy has completely disappeared, so no one knows what he looks like. Could the formerly nerdish Jeremy have had plastic surgery and turned into one of the girls' handsome boyfriends? Who ever it is, the lone survivor has to put a stop to this spurned individual's murder spree before she, too, becomes a valentine to die for.
- Actors: Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Jessica Biel, Bradley Cooper, Eric Dane, Patrick Dempsey, Hector Elizondo, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Topher Grace, Anne Hathaway, Carter Jenkins, Ashton Kutcher, Queen Latifah, Taylor Lautner, George Lopez, Shirley MacLaine, Emma Roberts, Julia Roberts, Bryce Robinson, Taylor Swift, Matthew Walker, Larry Miller, Beth Kennedy, Katherine LaNasa, Kristen Schaal, Erin Matthews, Christine Lakin, Lauren Reeder, Joey Sorge
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Garry Marshall
More than a dozen Angelenos navigate Valentine's Day from early morning until midnight. Three couples awake together, but each relationship will sputter; are any worth saving? A grade-school boy wants flowers for his first true love; two high school seniors plan first-time sex at noon; a TV sports reporter gets the assignment to find romance in LA; a star quarterback contemplates his future; two strangers meet on a plane; grandparents, together for years, face a crisis; and, an "I Hate Valentine's Day" dinner beckons the lonely and the lied to. Can Cupid finish his work by midnight?
- Actors: Valentino, Giancarlo Giammetti, Nati Abascal, Giorgio Armani, Jeannie Becker, Matthew Broderick, Michael Caine, Joan Collins, Alessandra Facchinetti, Dante Ferretti, Tom Ford, Anne Hathaway, Jacqueline Kennedy, Karl Lagerfeld, Matteo Marzotto, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Claudia Schiffer, Meryl Streep, André Leon Talley, Uma Thurman, Donatella Versace, Diane von Fürstenberg, Alek Wek, Anna Wintour
- Genre: Documentary
- Director(s): Matt Tyrnauer
A story of friendship, a retrospective, and a look at haute couture as business: we watch Valentino Garavani (1932- ) and partner Giancarlo Giammetti from preparation for the 2006 Spring/Summer Collection in Paris to a July 2007 retrospective of Valentino's 45-year career, which included dressing Jacqueline Kennedy. The film documents a year of work, shows, business changes, and decisions. We follow a creation from sketch to runway: he's always in pursuit of beauty. We're in Paris, Rome, and Venice. He receives the French Legion of Honor medal; his acceptance speech brings tears. Reporters ask when he'll retire. Is the Roman retrospective his career's finale? Cue Puccini.
2009, Denmark, UK
- Actors: Mads Mikkelsen, Maarten Stevenson, Gordon Brown, Andrew Flanagan, Gary Lewis, Gary McCormack, Alexander Morton, Jamie Sives, Ewan Stewart, Mathew Zajac, Rony Bridges, Robert Harrison, P.B. McBeath, Callum Mitchell, Stewart Porter, James Ramsey, Douglas Russell
- Genre: Action, Adventure
- Director(s): Nicolas Winding Refn
1000 AD, for years, One Eye, a mute warrior of supernatural strength, has been held prisoner by the Norse chieftain Barde. Aided by Are, a boy slave, One Eye slays his captor and together he and Are escape, beginning a journey into the heart of darkness. On their flight, One Eye and Are board a Viking vessel, but the ship is soon engulfed by an endless fog that clears only as the crew sights an unknown land. As the new world reveals its secrets and the Vikings confront their terrible and bloody fate, One Eye discovers his true self.
2005, UK, USA
- Actors: Ewan McGregor, Ricky Gervais, Tim Curry, Jim Broadbent, Hugh Laurie, John Cleese, John Hurt, Pip Torrens, Rik Mayall, Olivia Williams, Jonathan Ross, Brian Lonsdale, Dan Roberts, Michael Schlingmann, Sharon Horgan, Sean Samuels, Buckley Collum, Annette Badland, Harriet Jones, Harry Peacock, Corin Mellinger, Gary Chapman, Curtis Augspurger, Mike Harbour, Michael Jenn, Heidi Fecht, Robert Lence, Ali Dowling, Chris Fairbanks, Rupert Farley
- Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family, War
- Director(s): Gary Chapman
Set in 1944, Valiant is a woodland pigeon who wants to become a great hero someday. When he hears they are hiring recruits for the Royal Homing Pigeon Service, he immediately sets out for London. On the way, he meets a smelly but friendly pigeon named Bugsy, who joins him, mainly to get away from clients he cheated in a game of find-the pebble, and helps him sign up for the war.
2007, USA, Germany
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Kenneth Branagh, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Carice van Houten, Thomas Kretschmann, Terence Stamp, Eddie Izzard, Kevin McNally, Christian Berkel, Jamie Parker, David Bamber, Tom Hollander, David Schofield, Kenneth Cranham, Halina Reijn, Werner Daehn, Harvey Friedman, Matthias Schweighöfer, Waldemar Kobus, Florian Panzner, Ian McNeice, Danny Webb, Chris Larkin, Matthew Burton, Philipp von Schulthess, Wotan Wilke Möhring, Christian Oliver, Bernard Hill, Julian Morris
- Genre: Drama, History, Thriller, War
- Director(s): Bryan Singer
In Nazi Germany during World War II, as the tide turned in favor of The Allies, a cadre of senior German officers and politicians desperately plot to topple the Nazi regime before the nation is crushed in a near-inevitable defeat. To this end, Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg, an Army officer convinced he must save Germany from Hitler, is recruited to mastermind a real plan. To do so, he arranges for the internal emergency measure, Operation: Valkyrie, to be changed to enable his fellows to seize control of Berlin after the assassination of the Fuhrer. However, even as the plan is put into action, a combination of bad luck and human failings conspire on their own to create a tragedy that would prolong the greater one gripping Europe.
2010, Italy, France
- Actors: Kim Rossi Stuart, Filippo Timi, Moritz Bleibtreu, Valeria Solarino, Paz Vega, Francesco Scianna, Gaetano Bruno, Nicola Acunzo, Stefano Chiodaroli, Lino Guanciale, Paolo Mazzarelli, Federico Pacifici, Monica Barladeanu, Lia Gotti, Gerardo Amato, Adriana De Guilmi, Lorenzo Gleijeses, Riccardo Cicogna, Federica Vincenti, Matilde Maggio, Massimo Sagramola, Toni Pandolfo, Stefano Fregni
- Genre: Biography, Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Michele Placido
A biography of Milanese bank robber Renato Vallanzasca.
- Actors: Nicolas Cage, Deborah Foreman, Elizabeth Daily, Michael Bowen, Cameron Dye, Heidi Holicker, Michelle Meyrink, Tina Theberge, Lee Purcell, Richard Sanders, Colleen Camp, Frederic Forrest, David Ensor, Joanne Baron, Tony Plana, Tony Markes, Christopher Murphy, Robby Romero, Camille Calvet, Lisa Antille, Theresa Hayes, Andrew Winner, Betsy Bond, Laura Jacoby, Karl Johnson, Joyce Hyser, Michael Wyle, Steve Sayre, Wayne Crawford, The Plimsouls
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Martha Coolidge
Julie, a girl from the valley, meets Randy, a punk from the city. They are from different worlds and find love. Somehow they need to stay together in spite of her trendy, shallow friends.
- Actors: George Katt, Danny Trejo, Caroline Macey, Heather Trzyna, Renee George, Jessica Diaz, Miguel Munguia, Colin McLain Day, Kevin Wetmore Jr., David G. Larmore, Carlo Astuti, Jake Ambrose, Raul G. Perez, Kacie Stetson, Jeff Swarthout, Cesar Cipriano, Victor Martinez, Frank Perry, Frederick Sainz, Rick Crawford, Marco Arras, Chris Spacone, Garret Shriver, Alesandra Paige Price, Angel Manuel, Kim Jackson
- Genre: Crime, Drama
- Director(s): Jon Rosten
West Los Angeles - home of the young, rich and hip. It is also home to twenty-five year old Zachary "Zeus" Andrews. Transplanted from Chicago as a kid, Zeus never fit into the hip LA culture. As a way to make a living in his undesirable world, Zeus peddles drugs to wealthy kids. He desperately seeks the path on which his destiny lies - that is until he meets a girl who seems to transcend the shallow culture they inhabit. She gives him the purpose he has long sought. But the reality of the gritty drug culture explodes into Zeus' life in the most shattering of ways. He must find a way out of his current existence within a very dangerous world to reach a place of enlightenment he so desperately seeks.
In the shady campgrounds of Yosemite valley, climbers carved out a counterculture lifestyle of dumpster-diving and wild parties that clashed with the conservative values of the National Park Service. And up on the walls, generation after generation has pushed the limits of climbing, vying amongst each other for supremacy on Yosemite's cliffs. "Valley Uprising" is the riveting, unforgettable tale of this bold rock climbing tradition in Yosemite National Park: half a century of struggle against the laws of gravity -- and the laws of the land.
1989, France, USA
- Actors: Colin Firth, Annette Bening, Meg Tilly, Fairuza Balk, Siân Phillips, Jeffrey Jones, Henry Thomas, Fabia Drake, T.P. McKenna, Isla Blair, Ian McNeice, Aleta Mitchell, Ronald Lacey, Vincent Schiavelli, Sandrine Dumas, Sébastien Floche, Antony Carrick, Murray Gronwall, Alain Frérot, Daniel Laloux, Christian Bouillette, John Arnold, Nils Tavernier, Yvette Petit, Richard De Burnchurch, Jose Licenziato, Ivan Palec, Alexis Desseaux, Eric Moreau
- Genre: Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Milos Forman
Set in Baroque France, a scheming widow and her lover make a bet regarding the corruption of a recently married woman. The lover, Valmont, bets that he can seduce her, even though she is an honorable woman. If he wins, he can have his lover to do as he will. However, in the process of seducing the married woman, Valmont falls in love. Based on the same novel as "Dangerous Liaisons."