Titles starting from letter "W"
- Actors: Barbara Adair, Stellan Skarsgård, Peter Ballance, Selma Blair, Melissa George, Tom Hardy, Sally Hawkins, Lauren Hood, Caroline Lee-Johnson, 'Sean' Brian Jordaan, Paul Kaye, Sheila Kerr, Michael Liebman, Joshua O'Gorman, Alibe Parsons, Robert D. Phillips, John Sharian, Marcus Valentine, Ashley Walters, Michael Wildman, Alvin Charles, Larry Cowan, Laurence Doherty, Roy McManus, Igor Smiljevic
- Genre: Crime, Drama, Horror, Thriller
- Director(s): Tom Shankland
A series of deaths have started occurring in New York; Some are being found mutilated while others have an equation wÎ"z = Cov (w,z) = ÃwzVz carved onto their skin. As police investigate they discover each victim was forced to choose between sacrificing their own life or a loved ones' life. Before long it becomes clear that this perpetrator has suffered just such a similar fate...so now is coping by seeking a way of solving this philosophical enigma, can Captain Maclean and his officers such as Eddie Argo and his new partner Helen Westcott stop this suspect, because he/she won't not until he/she gets to the end of this equation.
2007, USA, Hong Kong, Germany, UK, Australia
- Actors: Josh Brolin, Colin Hanks, Toby Jones, Dennis Boutsikaris, Jeffrey Wright, Thandie Newton, Scott Glenn, Richard Dreyfuss, Bruce McGill, Wes Chatham, Jesse Bradford, Sean Stone, Ben Mayer, James Cromwell, Juan Gabriel Pareja, Shea Lewis, Randal Reeder, Marley Shelton, Litt Martin, James Ron Parker, Michael Gaston, Keenan Harrison Brand, Ellen Burstyn, Jason Ritter, Bryan Massey, Noah Wyle, Bill Jenkins, Brent Sexton, Jonathan Breck, Jennifer Sipes
- Genre: Biography, Drama
- Director(s): Oliver Stone
Oliver Stone's biographical take on the life of George W. Bush, one of the most controversial presidents in USA history, chronicling from his wild and carefree days in college, to his military service, to his governorship of Texas and role in the oil business, his 2000 candidacy for president, his first turbulent four years, and his 2004 re-election campaign.
- Actors: Abbie Cornish, Andrea Riseborough, James D'Arcy, Oscar Isaac, Richard Coyle, David Harbour, James Fox, Judy Parfitt, Haluk Bilginer, Geoffrey Palmer, Natalie Dormer, Laurence Fox, Douglas Reith, Katie McGrath, Christina Chong, Nick Smithers, Damien Thomas, Liberty Ross, Ryan Hayward, Charlotte Comer, Duane Henry, Anna Skellern, Penny Downie, David Redden, Alberto Vazquez, Nicole Harvey, Daniel André Pageon, Hywel Morgan, Patricia Stark, Annabelle Wallis
- Genre: Drama, History, Romance
- Director(s): Madonna
In 1998, an auction of the estate of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor causes great excitement. For one woman, Wally Winthrop, it has much more meaning. Wally becomes obsessed by their historic love story. As she learns more about the sacrifices involved, Wally gains her own courage to find happiness.
- Actors: Tom Kiesche, John Posey, Weetus Cren, Leila Birch, John Brickner, Kate Mines, Jeff Prewett, Roy Abramsohn, Victoria Barabas, Ahmed Best, Darrell Britt-Gibson, Mark Chaet, Ashley Hinson, Derek Hoxby, Albert Kuo, T.W. Leshner, Jessica Rizo, Anastasia Roussel, Kerry Stein, Chris Torres, David Trice, Patrick Mark Turner, Jared Ward, Joseph Will
- Genre: Action, Thriller, War
- Director(s): Richard Halpern
The Iraq war has turned from 'Mission Accomplished' into a hellhole with an indeterminate outcome. There are no WMDs. No links to Al Qaeda. No imminent threat as promised by the administration. In an alternate reality, a group of angry and disgruntled U.S. soldiers set out on a suicide mission to uncover the truth. Doing the unthinkable, they kidnap the Commander in Chief and interrogate him using the same techniques they were trained to inflict upon the people whose country they invaded.
- Actors: Danny Glover, James Lafferty, Julie Gonzalo, Dale Dickey, Adam Johnson, Marshall Bell, Ernie Lively, Melanie Stone, Maclain Nelson, Katie Cockrell, Blake Webb, Michelle Lang, Mason D. Davis, Brad Johnson, Michael Flynn, Marilee Crockett, Heather Beers, Paul D. Hunt, Charan Prabhakar, David Stevens, Brittany Peltier, Cate Allen, Rick Macy, Landon Henneman, Michael Birkeland, Aubrey Reynolds, Terence Goodman, Steven A. Lee, Walter Platz, Yolanda Wood
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Eshom Nelms
Waffle Street's riches-to-rags tale is an adaptation of James Adams' 2010 memoir of the same name (published by Sourced Media Books), which chronicles the financier's foray into the food industry. After being laid off at the hedge fund where he worked, and further jaded by his culpability in the crisis, Adams chose to work at a popular 24-hour diner where he claims "most of his financial knowledge has been gleaned." Offering a fresh take on the fallout of corporate greed, Adams' is a tale of the redemption and unlikely friendship found under the tutelage of Glover's character Edward, the best short-order cook in town.
- Actors: Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Anne Heche, Denis Leary, Willie Nelson, Andrea Martin, Kirsten Dunst, William H. Macy, John Michael Higgins, Suzie Plakson, Woody Harrelson, Michael Belson, Suzanne Cryer, Jason Cottle, David Koechner, Harland Williams, Sean Masterson, Bernard Hocke, Jenna Byrne, Maurice Woods, Roebuck 'Pops' Staples, Phil Morris, Chris Ellis, Ed Morgan, J. Patrick McCormack, Jennifer Manley, Edrie Warner, Richard Lawson, Drena De Niro, Alberto Vazquez
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Barry Levinson
After being caught in a scandalous situation days before the election, the president does not seem to have much of a chance of being re-elected. One of his advisers contacts a top Hollywood producer in order to manufacture a war in Albania that the president can heroically end, all through mass media.
Max lives in Brooklyn. He enjoys playing soccer, skateboarding, and drinking with his friends at local bars. Last summer he and his girlfriend, Willow, won a free cruise to Jamaica but two days before the trip she dumps him cold. When his friends flake, Max winds up alone on the high seas, navigating the crowds of gray-haired cruisers. Over the course of several days he flirts with the staff photographer, drinks cocktails with the boat's celebrity juggler and has several strange encounters with the only other loner.
2010, Hong Kong
Cheng Li-sheung is a young, upwardly mobile professional finally ready to invest in her first home. But when the deal falls through, she is forced to keep her dream alive - even if it means keeping her would-be neighbors dead.
- Actors: Tyrese Gibson, Shawn Parr, Henry Hunter Hall, Johnny Pruitt, Meagan Good, Darris Love, Larenz Tate, William Duffy, The Game, Kimora Lee, Wil E. Young, DeWayne Turrentine Jr., Wade Allain-Marcus, Paul Terrell Clayton, Ray Bengston, Earl Minfield, Dagmar Stansova, Kasi Lemmons, Laura Miro, Tommy Abate, Dawn Reavis, Dylan Tays, Yolanda Whittaker, Julio Gonzalez, Michael Eric Dyson, Misty Alli, Cecelia Antoinette, Erik Betts, Christopher Carrington, Julius Denem
- Genre: Action, Crime, Drama, Thriller
- Director(s): Vondie Curtis-Hall
In South Los Angeles, while bringing his beloved son Junior back home from school, the paroled ex-convicted O2 promises his son that he would always come back to him and never leave him alone. However, his car is hijacked and Junior is kidnapped. Without any lead, O2 forces the street vendor Coco to help him to find where his car might have been sent for disassembling. Meanwhile, O2's addicted brother Lucky discovers that the cruel leader of the Outlaw Syndicate, the drug lord Meat, is keeping the boy arrested in a room and asking a ransom of US$ 100,000.00 that he believes O2 have from an old heist. O2 and Coco plot a scheme to put the pimp P-Money and Meat against each other and steal their money.
- Actors: Milos Samolov, Mirjana Karanovic, Gordan Kicic, Milica Mihajlovic, Branislav Trifunovic, Vanja Ejdus, Petar Bozovic, Jelena Djokic, Danica Maksimovic, Ljubomir Bandovic, Tanja Pjevac, Josif Tatic, Radoslav Milenkovic, Nebojsa Radosavljevic, Ana Sakic, Radoslav Petrovic, Branislav Kicic, Miro Barnjak, Maja Gardinovacki, Marija Stojanovic, Dubravka Kovjanic, Branislav Tomasevic, Sergej Trifunovic
- Genre: Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Miroslav Momcilovic
Susy was recently blinded and recently married. Susy's husband, Sam, is asked to hold a doll for a woman he doesn't know as they get off an airplane. The woman disappears. Later, she's found dead by her former associates, Mike and Carlino, small-time hoods, in Susy's basement apartment. (Both occupants of the apartment are then absent.) The doll woman's newer partner in crime, Harry Rote, who murdered her for self-dealing, presses Mike and Carlino into a scheme to recover the doll, which contains a fortune in smuggled heroin. After disposing of the body, the thugs return while Susy is present to continue their search. They assume Susy's blindness will enable them to search her apartment under her very nose for the doll, which contains a fortune in smuggled heroin. In Sam's absence, Mike pretends to be an old friend of Sam's, while the three together spin for Susy a story of a murder investigation of her husband from which only the finding of the missing doll can save him. Rote is a predator, and his stalking of Susy becomes ever more obvious as the blind woman's predicament becomes ever more desperate.
- Actors: Rachel Bilson, Tom Sturridge, Richard Jenkins, Blythe Danner, Matthew Davis, Scott Mechlowicz, Jaime King, Nikki Blonsky, Nelson Franklin, Richard Gant, Roz Ryan, Jamey Anthony, K.C. Clyde, Christel Edwards, Larry Filion, K. Danor Gerald, Frank Gerrish, Christopher K. Hagadone, Charles Halford, Borzin Mottaghian, Laura Montoya, James C. Morris, Ace Olson, Joseph D. Reis, Andrew Roach, John Ross, Michelle Sebek, David Taylor, Johnny Ahn, Frank L. Bare II
- Genre: Drama, Romance
- Director(s): James Keach
- Actors: Deborah Theaker, Michael Hitchcock, Scott Williamson, Larry Miller, Don Lake, Christopher Guest, Fred Willard, Catherine O'Hara, Parker Posey, David Cross, Eugene Levy, James McQueen, Turk Pipkin, Jerry Turman, Bob Balaban, Paul Dooley, Linda Kash, Lewis Arquette, Matt Keeslar, Brian Doyle-Murray, Miriam Flynn, Jill Parker-Jones, Margaret Bowman, Paul Benedict, James Douglas, Daniel Fahey, Shane Felux, Jean Fuller, Joseph T. Garrity, Kathy Lamkin
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Christopher Guest
A town of Blaine, Missouri is preparing for celebrations of its 150th anniversary. Corky St.Clair, an off-off-off-off-off-Broadway director is putting together an amateur theater show about the town's history, starring a local dentist, a couple of travel agents, a Dairy Queen waitress, and a car repairman. He invites a Broadway theater critic Mr. Guffman to see the opening night of the show.
Filmmaker Davis Guggenheim reminds us that education "statistics" have names: Anthony, Francisco, Bianca, Daisy, and Emily, whose stories make up the engrossing foundation of WAITING FOR SUPERMAN. As he follows a handful of promising kids through a system that inhibits, rather than encourages, academic growth, Guggenheim undertakes an exhaustive review of public education, surveying "drop-out factories" and "academic sinkholes," methodically dissecting the system and its seemingly intractable problems.
- Actors: Ryan Reynolds, Anna Faris, Justin Long, David Koechner, Luis Guzmán, Chi McBride, John Francis Daley, Kaitlin Doubleday, Rob Benedict, Alanna Ubach, Vanessa Lengies, Max Kasch, Andy Milonakis, Dane Cook, Jordan Ladd, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Wendie Malick, Monica Monica, Travis Resor, J.D. Evermore, Clay Chamberlin, Skyler Stone, Melissa Morgan, Don Brady, Anne Ewen, Pat Hazell, Jordan Werner, Skylar Duhe, Ann Marie Guidry, Lauren Swinney
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Rob McKittrick
It's the dinner shift at Shenanigan's. Dan, the clueless boss, assigns Mitch, 22, a trainee, to Monty, the smooth talker who chases girls for one-night stands. Dean, a waiter, also 22, feels that life is passing him by. Dan offers him the assistant manager job and gives him until midnight to decide. Other waiters, cooks, and bus boys have their issues and personalities. Bishop, the dishwasher, is their counselor. During this shift, Monty may learn something, Dean makes his decision, Dan makes a play for the not-yet-18 hostess, customers get their comeuppance, the guys all play the in-house homophobic flashing game, the gals demonstrate why they won't, and Mitch gets the last word.
- Actors: Keri Russell, Nathan Fillion, Cheryl Hines, Jeremy Sisto, Andy Griffith, Adrienne Shelly, Eddie Jemison, Lew Temple, Darby Stanchfield, Heidi Sulzman, Lauri Johnson, Sarah Hunley, Cindy Drummond, Nathan Dean, Caroline Fogarty, Christy Taylor, Jennifer Walsh, Hunter A. King, Mackenzie King, Donna Leslie, Nora Paradiso, Danny Allen, Andy Ostroy, Hailey Parker, Rylee Stefanelli, Bella Stromel, Kira Grace, Elaine Levine, Doreen Powell, Sophie Ostroy
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Adrienne Shelly
Jenna is unhappily married, squirreling away money, and hoping to win a pie-baking contest so, with the prize money, she'll have enough cash to leave her husband Earl. She finds herself pregnant, which throws her plans awry. She bakes phenomenal pies at Joe's diner, listens to old Joe's wisdom, tolerates her sour boss Cal, is friends with Dawn and Becky (her fellow waitresses), and finds a mutual attraction with the new doctor in town. As the pregnancy advances, life with Earl seems less tolerable, a way out less clear, and the affair with the doctor complicated by his marriage. What options does a waitress have?
- Actors: Bijou Phillips, Ian Somerhalder, Jane Seymour, Danny Masterson, Marguerite Moreau, Sprague Grayden, David Zayas, Kevin Alejandro, Ian Gomez, Meagen Fay, James Eckhouse, Bruno Campos, Meredith Monroe, Charles Adler, Lizette Carrion, John Griffin, Paul Rae, Christopher Michael, Edward Edwards, Chane't Johnson, Katherine Flynn, Michael Savage, Tina DiJoseph, Trisha Debski, Nicole Bilderback, Anne Son, Nicole Tubiola, Oren Rehany, Gabriel Morales, Luca Oriel
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Ellie Kanner
When things get tough for offbeat Carys Reitman, she does what any emotionally isolated, modern girl would do - she goes to strangers' funerals. At one fateful funeral, she unexpectedly meets Tyler, a man mourning his fiancée. Despite the warnings of her undertaker best friend Shane and her roommate Lila, she finds herself connecting to someone for the first time. Searching for answers, Carys goes to see her estranged mother to confront her past. And as she tries to open herself to the risks of love with Tyler, she realizes she may have more to fear than just a broken heart.
2003, UK, Germany, France, South Africa
- Actors: Jean-Claude Van Damme, Simon Yam, Philip Tan, Valerie Tian, Tony Schiena, Claude Hernandez, Lisa King, Anthony Fridjohn, Danny Keogh, Pierre Marais, Warrick Grier, Tom Wu, Jacqui Chan, Burt Kwouk, Joon Chong, Andre Jacobs, Bo Peterson, Tarryn Meaker, Quentin Chong, Winston Chong, Adrian Galley, Justin Fouche, Chantel Nel, Lionel Channering, Daz Parker, Jacob Mervine, Kirsten Marriott, Axel Van Leeuwen, Lee-Anne Liebenberg, Soh Fongang
- Genre: Action, Adventure
- Director(s): Philippe Martinez
Ben Archer is a thug/enforcer for a criminal organization. Tiring of the work, he tells his coworkers that he's ready to retire. His wife Cynthia is a social worker for the INS. She brings a Chinese refugee girl to their home. Soon, Sun Quan wants his daughter back. Cynthia Archer is murdered, and Ben's son Nicholas disappears, along with the Chinese girl. Ben must save the children and avenge his wife's murder.
One hundred years ago, an angry mob, intent on justice for their murdered children, hang the woman they believe is the murderer. They brand her a witch, wrap her body in chains and bury it deep in the woods. Flash forward to the present - when Deb and her friends play a childhood game on the witch's wooded grave, they open the door to death. As her friends and family begin to change into something less than human, Deb struggles to stop the witch's curse. But her search for the truth will reveal an evil beyond her imagination.
Still grieving the death of nine-year-old Alice - their only child - at the jaws of a crazed dog, vet Patrick and pharmacist Louise relocate to the remote town of Wake Wood where they learn of a pagan ritual that will allow them three more days with Alice. The couple find the idea disturbing and exciting in equal measure, but once they agree terms with Arthur, the village's leader, a far bigger question looms - what will they do when it's time for Alice to go back?