Titles starting from letter "Y"
- Actors: Ana López Mercado, Diego Luna, Gael García Bernal, Nathan Grinberg, Verónica Langer, María Aura, Giselle Audirac, Arturo Ríos, Andrés Almeida, Diana Bracho, Emilio Echevarría, Marta Aura, Maribel Verdú, Juan Carlos Remolina, Liboria Rodríguez, Silverio Palacios, Mayra Serbulo, Andrea López, Amaury Sérbulo, Daniel Giménez Cacho, Jorge Vergara
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Alfonso Cuarón
In Mexico City, late teen friends Tenoch Iturbide and Julio Zapata are feeling restless as their respective girlfriends are traveling together through Europe before they all begin the next phase of their lives at college. At a lavish family wedding, Tenoch and Julio meet Luisa Cortés, the twenty-something wife of Tenoch's cousin Jano, the two who have just moved to Mexico from Spain. Tenoch and Julio try to impress the beautiful Luisa by telling her that they will be taking a trip to the most beautiful secluded beach in Mexico called la Boca del Cielo (translated to Heaven's Mouth), the trip and the beach which in reality don't exist. When Luisa learns of Jano's latest marital indiscretion straight from the horse's mouth, she takes Tenoch and Julio's offer to go along on this road trip, meaning that Tenoch and Julio have to pull together quickly a road trip to a non-existent beach. They decide to head toward one suggested by their friend Saba, who seems a little confused himself of this beach's location. On the road trip, which ends up not being totally harmonious, the three go on a trip of discovery. For Luisa, she has to figure out what to do with her immediate future based on the news from Jano and a secret she is keeping. And Tenoch and Julio have to figure out what their friendship really means as they grow up.
- Actors: Anupam Kher, Atul Kulkarni, Milind Gunaji, Perizaad Zorabian, Parvin Dabas, Purab Kohli, Rajpal Yadav, Sarika, Sayaji Shinde, Smiley Suri, Shri Vallabh Vyas, Veerendra Saxena, Vijay Raaz, Seema Biswas, Anil Chaudhary, Rajit Kapoor, Siddhant Karnick, Ehsan Khan, Ashwin Mushran, Lalit Parashar
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): N. Chandra
Mumbai 11th July: Sameer Ali reads a verse from the Bhagvad Geeta to a dying hospitalized benevolent Hindu Pandit who had brought him after the passing of his Islamic parents; Looking for employment on an empty stomach, Bhola Paswan finds Biharis are hated and shunned; Gangster Ashfaq asks Noor Ahmed Khan, who, in turn, recruits former Naxalite Raja Shetty, to assassinate womanizing Builder Arun Talreja; An upper-caste Hindu politician, Shripad Shinde, forbids his son, Nachiket, to marry Asha Ambedkar, as she belongs to a lower Caste; Rendered homeless, Inspector Chandrakant Shinde is on the look-out for a stolen vehicle, and hates Biharis for taking over his house; TV Producer, Jennifer Ali, is attacked by Ashfaq during a party; Lower-caste Asha is stalked and molested by right-winged upper-caste Hindus; After being robbed and accused of stealing clothes, Sharada Bai prepares to attack her two-faced employer, Sushma Talreja; Caught in a traffic jam, Judge Ayyar is anxious to visit his hospitalized daughter; Amarjit Singh has been attending Court for over nine years and is ready to hear the verdict today for the negligent doctor who was responsible for his wife's death - while terrorists plan to carry out a series of bomb blasts.
- Actors: Cem Yilmaz, Ozan Guven, Zafer Algöz, Demet Evgar, Özkan Ugur, Cansu Dere, Bünyamin Durgut, Istar Göksever, Graham Hoadly, Yilmaz Koksal, Muhittin Korkmaz, Mehmet Polat, Demet Tuncer, Süleyman Turan, Tevfik Yapici, Hakki Yazici, Levent Intepe, Deniz Özerman, Tolga Öz
- Genre: Comedy, Western
- Director(s): Ömer Faruk Sorak
Wim Wenders talks with Japanese fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto about the creative process and ponders the relationship between cities, identity and the cinema in the digital age.
A Middle-aged Japanese ex-pat journalist investigates child organ trafficking in Thailand and he uncovers a sinister network.
Controversy abounds as Japanese officials honor the deceased at the legendary Yasukuni shrine, where swords used to kill Chinese soldiers were famously forged. Few know about the shrine's eerie past and the mysterious sword inside.
When Daggi is 15 years old, he gets the opportunity to change his life. A fresh start, another chance. But is it possible to start over? Daggi puts the little he owns in a bag and carries his past in a key, around the neck&. He tries to adjust his new life in a small village - as a foster child in a family who's filled with love and care, and Gustav, who's always wished for a big brother. Together they play Yatzy - Gustav's favorite game. Cause in Yatzy everyone has a chance. The village is tiny and boring. Daggi is restless and paranoid - trying to keep a distance to everything. Then he meets Gloria. Gloria who drives a scooter and sees Daggi as an opportunity to get away. Together they discover the beauty of love, - they escape to Sweden and life seems for the first time easy and good. Until his past hunts him down, lead by Dennis, and drags him back to a life he neither can be a part of - nor get away from.
In 907 AD, the Tang Dynasty is in tatters; infighting snarls the imperial family. Crown Prince Wu Luan loves Little Wan, but his father takes her as his Empress. Wu Luan goes into exile, studying dance and music. His uncle murders his father, taking throne and Empress; uncle sends assassins to kill Wu Luan. The Crown Prince eludes death and comes to court. The Emperor arranges for Little Wan's coronation and dispatches Wu Luan to a distant land; he then calls for a midnight banquet on the 100th day of his rule. Poison, treachery, Wu Luan's return, and the love of the innocent Qing for Wu Luan set up the final entanglements. No Fortinbras or Horatio lay the dead to rest.
- Actors: Cristin Milioti, Mark Rendall, Ali Liebert, Kevin McDonald, Sheila McCarthy, Will Sasso, Emily Holmes, Patrick Gilmore, Eugene Lipinski, Linda Uyrehara Hoffman, Don Thompson, Luke Camilleri, John Hainsworth, Nick Cheply, Bethany Brown, Melanie Bray, Scott Patey, Jenny Kuecks, Paul Herbert, Becky Franklin, Trey Agnew, Kimberly Unger, Jordan Dawe, Roman Nenadic, Debra Ko, Liz Raman-Nair
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Sook-Yin Lee
Twenty-one year old Sammy Smalls has self-esteem issues. She hides behind her frumpy clothes and the slight limp she sustained from a childhood illness. She works in a dead end job as an undercover shoplifter detector at a Big Apple Food Town, her boss Dirk who has his own brand of vigilante justice for the shoplifters. And she considers her parents, although loving in their own unique way, not good role models for her. She doesn't like people touching her in an emotional manner, the ticklish feeling she gets from such being yet another thing behind which she hides. As a result, she is sexually inexperienced. However, she does have a crush on Eugene Zaslavsky, a busker musician who performs outside her supermarket. Each considers the other a friend, but their attempt to take the friendship into a sexual realm results in utter disaster. Although they vow to remain friends, Eugene won't sleep with her again due to her sexual inexperience. So Sammy goes on an expedition for advice and sexual experience from whomever and where ever she can find it, except from Eugene. Eugene, not fully realizing it, also has self-image issues with which he must comes to terms before he can be a true friend and possibly more to Sammy.
- Actors: Penelope Ann Miller, Tim Daly, Louis Jourdan, Art Malik, Ian Richardson, Ian McNeice, Tim Bentinck, Julia McCarthy, Jacques Mathou, Arturo Venegas, Chapman Roberts, Nick Brimble, Andrew Robertson, Shane Rimmer, Nicholas Ward Jackson, Wilfred Bowman
- Genre: Action, Adventure, Romance
- Director(s): Peter Yates
An extremely rare bottle of wine (bottled during the appearance of the Great Comet of 1811) is discovered. Margaret Harwood is sent to retrieve it so it can be sold at auction. Oliver Plexico is assigned as her travel guide/bodyguard for the trip. However, other people desperately want the bottle and will stop at nothing to get it. A simple little trip becomes an international chase.
- Actors: Molly Shannon, Laura Dern, Regina King, Thomas McCarthy, Josh Pais, John C. Reilly, Peter Sarsgaard, Amy Schlagel, Zoe Schlagel, Dale Godboldo, Inara George, Liza Weil, Jon Shere, Christy Moore, Audrey Wasilewski, Brenda Canela, Craig Cackowski, Steve Berg, Susan Mackin, Chuck Duffy, Sonya Eddy, Ursula Brauner, Giddle Partridge, Benjamin Koesling, Dominik Koesling, Jimmy the Dog, Dan Kapelovitz
- Genre: Comedy, Drama
- Director(s): Mike White
Peggy is single, childless, in her 40s, a lonely executive assistant in a friendly office. Her dog Pencil is the love of her life, and when he dies after eating some sort of toxin, Peggy's life spins out of her control: a friendly neighbor invites her for dinner; a friendly staff member at her vet's calls with an abused dog he recommends she adopt - she does, and also finds herself attracted to this fellow. She becomes a vegan, supports animal-rights causes, and embroils her brother's young children in these concerns. Saving dogs and other animals become such a passion that her mental health and her job may be in danger. Are regaining control and finding love beyond her reach?
This film documents Neil Young and Crazy Horse's 1996 concert tour. Jim Jarmusch interviews the band about their long history, and we see backstage footage from the 1970s and 1980s.
- Actors: Jack Black, Michael Cera, Oliver Platt, David Cross, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Vinnie Jones, Hank Azaria, Juno Temple, Olivia Wilde, June Diane Raphael, Xander Berkeley, Gia Carides, Horatio Sanz, David Pasquesi, Matthew Willig, Harold Ramis, Rhoda Griffis, Gabriel Sunday, Eden Riegel, Kyle Gass, Bill Hader, Marshall Manesh, Rion Hunter, Gene Stupnitsky, Lee Eisenberg, Eric Gipson, Lacie Manshack, Matt Besser, Drue Franklin, Weston Hollenshead
- Genre: Adventure, Comedy
- Director(s): Harold Ramis
Zed, a prehistoric would-be hunter, eats from a tree of forbidden fruit and is banished from his tribe, accompanied by Oh, a shy gatherer. On their travels, they meet Cain and Abel on a fateful day, stop Abraham from killing Isaac, become slaves, and reach the city of Sodom where their tribe is now enslaved. Zed and Oh are determined to rescue the women they love, Maya and Eema. Standing in their way is Sodom's high priest and the omnipresent Cain. Zed tries to form an alliance with Princess Innana, which may backfire. Can an inept hunter and a smart but slender and diffident gatherer become heroes and make a difference?
- Actors: Arthur Dupont, Sara Forestier, Bruno Salomone, Pierre Richard, Isabelle Renauld, Nathalie Boutefeu, Christine Baranski, Yvette Nicole Brown, Brady Corbet, Dakota Fanning, Danny Glover, Zachary Gordon, Elliott Gould, Seth Green, Richard Kind, Ryan Lee, Chris Parson, Cristina Pucelli, Jim Rash
- Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy
- Director(s): Christian De Vita
A hero's journey with a most unlikely hero. Yellowbird is a teeny tiny orphaned bird that has never left the nest, has no family, yet desperately wants one - That is, until he finds himself leading a flock on their migration to Africa.
One Morning in New England, 1940, the entire population of Friar New Hampshire - 572 people - walked together up a winding mountain trail and into the wilderness. They left behind their clothes, their money, all of their essentials. Even their dogs were abandoned, tied to posts and left to starve. No One knows why. A search party dispatched by the U.S. Army eventually discovered the remains of nearly 300 of Friar's evacuees. Many had frozen to death. Others were cruelly and mysteriously slaughtered. The bodies of the remaining citizens are still unaccounted for. Over the years, a quiet cover-up operation managed to weave the story of Friar into the stuff of legends and backwoods fairy tales. The town has slowly repopulated, but the vast wilderness is mostly untracked, with the northern-most stretches off limits to local hunters and loggers. In 2008, the coordinates for the "YELLOWBRICKROAD" trail head were declassified. The first official expedition into a dark and twisted wilderness will attempt to solve the mystery of the lost citizens of Friar...and reach the end of the trail.
The story of a beautiful teacher's love affair with five men.
Based on a series of true stories posted by Ho-sik Kim on the Internet describing his relationship with his girlfriend. These were later transformed into a best-selling book and the movie follows the book closely. It describes the meeting of Kyun-woo (Cha) and an unnamed girl. Kyun-woo is shamed into assisting the girl because the other passengers mistakenly think she is his girlfriend. Once he helps her, Kyun-woo develops a deep sense of responsibility for her which enables him to tolerate (somehow) the girls abuses.
2007, USA, Australia
- Actors: Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper, John Michael Higgins, Rhys Darby, Danny Masterson, Fionnula Flanagan, Terence Stamp, Sasha Alexander, Molly Sims, Brent Briscoe, Rocky Carroll, John Cothran Jr., Spencer Garrett, Sean O'Bryan, Kai Lennox, Cecelia Antoinette, Patrick Labyorteaux, Jamie Denbo, Shelby Zemanek, Alfred De Contreras, Peter Giles, Rebecca Corry, Whit Anderson, Pride Grinn, Kerry Hoyt, Anna Khaja, Maile Flanagan, Roni Meron, Heidi Herschbach
- Genre: Comedy, Romance
- Director(s): Peyton Reed
Carl Allen is at a standstill. No future... Until the day he enrolls into a personal development program based on a very simple idea: say yes to everything! Carl discovers with amazement the magical power of "Yes", and sees his professional and romantic life turned upside down overnight: an unexpected promotion and a new girlfriend. But he'll soon discover that better can be good's enemy, and that all opportunities shouldn't be taken.
2007, USA, Canada
Surviving the crash was only the beginning...