Titles starting from letter "Z"
1969, France, Algeria
- Actors: Yves Montand, Irene Papas, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Jacques Perrin, Charles Denner, François Périer, Pierre Dux, Georges Géret, Bernard Fresson, Marcel Bozzuffi, Julien Guiomar, Magali Noël, Renato Salvatori, Habib Reda, Clotilde Joano, Maurice Baquet, Sid Ahmed Agoumi, Allel El Mouhib, Hassan Hassani, Gérard Darrieu, Jean Bouise, Jean-Pierre Miquel, Van Doude, Jean Dasté, Jean-François Gobbi, Guy Mairesse, Andrée Tainsy, Eva Simonet, François Chaumette, José Artur
- Genre: Crime, Drama, History, Mystery, Thriller
- Director(s): Costa-Gavras
In a mid-sized metropolis (population 500,000) in a right-wing military led country, a pacifist organization, which supports the opposition party in the government, is planning on holding an anti-military, nuclear disarmament rally. The organization's charismatic leader - the deputy - is scheduled to arrive in the town from the capital the day of the rally. Beyond the problems arranging the rally due to the probable incitement of violence at such a rally, the organization learns of an unconfirmed report that there will be an attempt on the deputy's life. The rally does happen, after which a three-wheeled kamikaze runs over the deputy, who eventually passes away from his injuries. The official report is that the incident was a drunken accident. In reality, the deputy's death was murder orchestrated by the secret police, the general for who likens the pacifist organization to mildew killing off agricultural crops. A magistrate is assigned to the case. Although he does have political views, he is more interested in finding out the truth, and as such has to wade through the political rhetoric and politically motivated testimony he hears. Thrown into the mix is a photojournalist who too is looking for the truth, as it, he believes, will make a great front page story.
In the wake of a disaster that wipes out most of civilization, two men and a young woman find themselves in an emotionally charged love triangle as the last known survivors.
- Actors: Elizabeth Banks, Seth Rogen, Craig Robinson, Gerry Bednob, Jason Mewes, Edward Janda, Nicholas Lombardi, Chris Milan, Jennifer Schwalbach Smith, Kenny Hotz, Brandon Routh, Anne Wade, Justin Long, Tom Savini, Jeff Anderson, Jim Norton, Jean-Pierre Nutini, Alice Eisner, David Early, Mattt Potter, Ricky Mabe, Lena Cheney, Marie Blanchard, Deanna Betros, Danielle Fortwangler, Katelyn Hoffman, Ashley Kunich, Katie Morgan, Traci Lords, Milos Milicevic
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Kevin Smith
Zack and Miri are two lifelong platonic friends who make an adult film to pay the rent of their apartment. With their friend Delaney, the couple set out for auditionees for their porn film, but in the process of filming, they realize they feel more for each other than they had before.
After their father dies, a family of five are forced to survive on their own in a Kurdish village on the border of Iran and Iraq. Matters are made worse when 12 year old Ayoub, the new head of the family, is told that his handicapped brother, Madi, needs an immediate operation in order to remain alive. This heartbreaking tale shows the lengths to which a family will go in order to survive in the harshest of conditions, where even the horses are fed liquor in order to work.
2012, South Africa
- Actors: Leonard Nimoy, Jeremy Suarez, Abigail Breslin, Jeff Goldblum, Samuel L. Jackson, Jenifer Lewis, Jim Cummings, Jamal Mixon, Richard E. Grant, David Shaughnessy, Noureen DeWulf, Tania Gunadi, Deep Roy, Phil LaMarr, Kristen Rutherford, Corey Burton, Tress MacNeille, Tom Kenny, Wayne Thornley, Brent Palmer, Jon Olson, Sam Riegel, Keeno Lee Hector, Nik Rabinowitz, Lee Duru, Zolani Mahola, Joanna Kulig
- Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, Family
- Director(s): Wayne Thornley
Set in a bustling bird city on the edge of the majestic Victoria Falls, "Zambezia" is the story of Kai - a naïve, but high-spirited young falcon who travels to the bird city of "Zambezia" where he discovers the truth about his origins and, in defending the city, learns how to be part of a community.
- Actors: Zendaya, Chanelle Peloso, Spencer Boldman, Emilia McCarthy, Adam DiMarco, William Ainscough, Aleks Paunovic, Lucia Walters, Jedidiah Goodacre, Louriza Tronco, Conner Cowie, Samuel Patrick Chu, Zachary Gibson, Nicholas Lydiate, Christine Willes, Milo Shandel, Garry Garneau, Austin Obiajunwa, Drew Tanner, Jesse Reid, Donnie MacNeil, Tony Giroux, Ralph Escamillan, Tyler Layton-Olson, Andrew Herr, Cameron Fraser, Elijah Driver, Jessica McLeod, Teya Wild, Kiana Smith
- Genre: Comedy, Family, Fantasy
- Director(s): Peter DeLuise
Sixteen-year-old Zoey Stevens, a skilled dancer and straight-A student, is having a hard time adjusting to a new high school, a new and klutzy dance squad, a new step-dad, three new rowdy step-brothers and an unruly dog, but things change when a dog training app on her smart phone begins to somehow control all the boys around her.
In the distant future Earth is divided into two camps, the barely civilized group and the overly civilized one with mental powers. A plague is attacking the second group, after which its members cease to have any interest in life and become nearly catatonic. When Zed, one of the barbarians, crosses over, the tenuous balance in their world is threatened.
Danny and Walter are two brothers who barely get along even while driving their parents to distraction as their older sister tries to ignore them. Despite their squabbling, the brothers manage cooperate enough to play an old mechanical board game named Zathura. However, after their first move, they find that the game has apparently flung them, their sister and their entire house into outer space. Furthermore, the brothers surmise the only way to return home is to finish the game. However with almost every move, new dangers arise as the siblings find themselves learning to cooperate in ways they never expected as they realize what they mean to each other.
2010, Japan, France
- Actors: Shingo Katori, Takashi Sorimachi, Satomi Ishihara, Arata, Chieko Baisho, Mike Han, Yoshio Harada, Kôichi Iwaki, Seishirô Katô, Youki Kudoh, Nana Nagao, Tatsuya Nakadai, Kanzaburo Nakamura, Toshio Shiba, Sosuke Takaoka, Susumu Terajima, Kosuke Toyohara, Takashi Ukaji, Zeebra
- Genre: Animation, Short, Fantasy, Drama, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Action, Sci-Fi, Family, Romance, Comedy, Crime, Adventure
- Director(s): Junji Sakamoto
A blind master swordsman attempts to lead a quiet life with his wife but he is provoked back into battle.
- Actors: Lee Turnbull, Greg Wakeham, Aaron White, Kyle Treslove, Kathryn O'Reilly, Michael Maris, Annie Burkin, Ashley David, Paul McNeilly, Dickon Tolson, Richard Pryal, Nick Bartlett, Jay Brown, Nicholas Walter, Lee Vassel, Kieran Bryant, Jonathan Ojeyeimi, Joanna Ranee Wood, Aaron Martin, Jim Holland, Dawn Heydon, Don Klass, Duncan Mahon, Edmund Wood, George Russo, Fran Pope, Hiten Patel, Alfie Rahman, Alex Gardener, Richard Lisle
- Genre: Drama
- Director(s): Sam Holland
"From the moment I was born I cried for a month..." Eighteen years on, and Justin is no nearer the truth. And in a world that increasingly doesn't care, maybe just simply relying on friendship is not enough? Especially with friends like Billy, Sean and Tommy. Set amongst the backdrop of the towering, concrete-clad estates of south London 'Zebra Crossings' blends a diverse mixture of characters that all share one thing in common: The incredible loneliness of living alongside 7 million other people. Blending the surreal, and very real, we take an intense journey in search of friendship, belief and religion. With a lacklustre father and estranged mother, Justin's only source of perennial control comes from an unlikely source, his bed-ridden sister Suzanne. But Justin needs is a real mentor, a father figure, someone who can provide guidance before it's all too late. In steps Marcus, unlike anyone Justin has ever known before, calm, soft, assured - but does he want something from Justin? Meanwhile, Tommy's abandonment issues haunt him once again, and his class-A drug addiction has sent him into full destruction mode. Also, the pressure from a rival gang has reached exploding point - as there is certainly no space for two crews in this neighbourhood. Justin must find the answer to it all, and quick.
2010, Iran, Germany
- Actors: Rafi Pitts, Mitra Hajjar, Saba Yaghoobi, Ali Nicksaulat, Ismaïl Amani, Naser Madahi, Ali Mazinani, Javad Nazari, Malek Jahan Khazai, Amir Ayoubi, Gholamreza Rajabzadeh, Manoochehr Rahimi, Hassan Ghalenoi, Said Hajmohammadi, Arash Faraghinejad, Abbas Hassanzadeh, Ossta Shah Tir, Hossein Nickbakht, Mansour Dowlatmand, Ebrahim Safarpour, Shoja'edin Ghanaei, Sara Kamrani, Fatemeh Alijani, Mahmoud Babai
- Genre: Thriller
- Director(s): Rafi Pitts
In an act of vengeance, a young man, randomly kills two police officers. He escapes to the forest, where he is arrested by two other officers. The three men are surrounded by trees, the woods. They are lost in a maze, a desolate landscape, where the boundaries between the hunter and the hunted are difficult to perceive.
Extremely controversial documentary split into three parts, first producing information discrediting religion, particularly Christainity through showing the similarities of major religious figures. Part 2 describes the problems with what was told to us about the events surrounding Sept. 11 and and provides evidence to show who the writers believe really was responsible for the attacks. The third part deals with banks and resulting theories of World leaders plans to create one world bank. Also touches on the people responsible for the Great Depression.
- Actors: Peter Joseph, Robert Sapolsky, Gabor Mate, Richard Wilkinson, James Gilligan, John McMurtry, Michael Ruppert, Max Keiser, Jacque Fresco, Adrian Bowyer, Berok Khoshnevis, Roxanne Meadows, Colin Campbell, Toni Orans, Phi Dao Ewing, Michael David Quinn, Noel Hunter, Heidi Kasia, Scott Dennett, Noah Toye, Heidi Kristine Meyer, Kim A. Huynh, Joshua Komer, Sean Saiazar, Kevin Gebhard, Dennis Wit, Richard Kohn, Gerard Adimando, Robert Shulman, Jerry Goralnick
- Genre: Documentary
- Director(s): Peter Joseph
A feature length documentary work which presents a case for a needed transition out of the current socioeconomic monetary paradigm which governs the entire world society. This subject matter will transcend the issues of cultural relativism and traditional ideology and move to relate the core, empirical "life ground" attributes of human and social survival, extrapolating those immutable natural laws into a new sustainable social paradigm called a "Resource-Based Economy".
'Zen' Buddhist teacher Dogen Zenji is a very important religious person during the Kamakura period, 750 years ago. After his mother died, he decides to move to China and settle as a Buddhist teacher. One bright morning, enlightened, Zenji returns to Japan as a devoted evangelist of the 'new' Buddhism. However, this new form of Buddhism is not accepted in all communities.
2010, Serbia, Germany
- Actors: Nebojsa Glogovac, Anica Dobra, Branka Katic, Jasna Zalica, Nada Sargin, Nikola Rakocevic, Vuk Kostic, Ljubomir Bandovic, Stipe Erceg, Vojin Cetkovic, Bojan Dimitrijevic, Sena Djorovic, Rada Djuricin, Nikola Djuricko, Dubravka Kovjanic, Ana Markovic, Sreten Mijovic, Miodrag Milovanov, Nenad Nenadovic, Bojan Pivas, Goran Radakovic, Sandra Rodic-Jankovic, Milan Stojanovic, Janos Tot, Zorana Petrov
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
- Director(s): Srdjan Koljevic
The act of a woman with a broken nose, who suddenly jumps out of a taxi and throws herself off the bridge in Belgrade, connects the lives of three witnesses. The suicide attempt becomes the existential catalyst to the misanthropist taxi-driver Gavrilo who tries to avoid any kind of emotional commitment, the school teacher Anica, stubbornly rejecting the attentions of one of her students, and the wacky pharmacist Biljana, who realizes that the man she's about to marry isn't The One. Each of them bears a wound from the past, a trauma they haven't yet found the courage to face. And it's here on the bridge, linking the old city with New Belgrade, that their road to recovery begins. Interwoven story becomes gently optimistic in its philosophy, yet remains credible throughout, deeply rooted in the reality and human nature.
- Actors: Kamilla Baar, Malgorzata Bereza, Przemyslaw Bluszcz, Magdalena Boczarska, Joanna Bogacka, Sonia Bohosiewicz, Olga Boladz, Aleksandra Bozek, Malgorzata Buczkowska, Janusz Chabior, Wieslaw Cichy, Krzysztof Czeczot, Marian Dziedziel, Monika Fronczek, Roma Gasiorowska, Artur Janusiak, Przemyslaw Kaczynski, Magdalena Kajrowicz, Julia Kaminska, Dominika Kluzniak, Bogdan Koca, Zbigniew Konopka, Cezary Kosinski, Jacek Kwiecien, Sebastian Lach, Magdalena Lamparska, Maria Maj, Andrzej Mastalerz, Rafal Mohr, Gabriela Muskala
- Genre: Action, Drama
- Director(s): Pawel Borowski
A story about love and hatred, about those who cheat and who are cheated, about violence and sex and surprising secrets which we learn within these strange twenty four hours.
- Actors: Zemyna Asmontaite, Donatas Ivanauskas, Kestutis Jakstas, Inga Jankauskaite, Bronius Kindurys, Mindaugas Papinigis, Andrius Paulavicius, Ramunas Rudokas, Vytas Sapranaukas, Kristina Savickyte, Laimutis Sedzius, Donatas Simukauskas, Saulis Siparis, Audrone Sliuzaite, Visockaite Sonata, Ausra Stukyte, Emilis Velyvis, Liudvikas Vilimas, Aldona Vilutyte, Andrius Ziurauskas
- Genre: Comedy, Thriller
- Director(s): Emilis Velyvis
When the under-worlds of crime and show-biz collide, hit-men buddies Max and Sylvester are suddenly thrown in the midst of bizarre events and soap-like drama. Faced with the onslaught of sleazy intrigues and silicon boobs, friends must still complete their task - retrieve a missing shipment of drugs. And then, there's also a kidnapped delivery boy to save, loads of people to kill, dangerous women to love. The trick is not to lose your head. Or your balls. Whichever goes first.
- Actors: Sam Eidson, Anne Gee Byrd, Brock England, Garrett Graham, Cyndi Williams, Vincent James Prendergast, Katie Folger, Lowell Bartholomee, Duncan Carson, Larry Jack Dotson, Jeff Fenter, Micheal Foulk, John Gholson, Jennymarie Jemison, Jason Crawford Jordan, Chris J. Knight, Brian Losoya, Dakin Matthews, James Patrick Robinson, Ashley Spillers, Nguyen Stanton
- Genre: Comedy
- Director(s): Katie Graham
An overgrown nerd who serves as Grand Master of a fantasy board game finds his role as leader of the misfits put into jeopardy when a new initiate enters the group.